Been a While.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a While.

I know I've been absent lately. Trying to wrap up the next book on my own was quite the ordeal. But it's done now and some of you will be happy to know it's coming out soon. After wrapping it up we took a week and went to the mountains of Tennessee to get away and relax. It was a nice time and a chance to cool off. We went rafting and really enjoyed ourselves. Spent a lot of time looking at property. I think I'm going to be relocating to someplace above 4K feet. It was in the upper 70's during the day and in the 60's at night, awesome.

While there I bought a new truck. Don't really know why other than it's what I've always wanted. But I have plans for it, turning it into a promotional vehicle. But it is awesome!

While we were on vacation Little Bit was acting a little odd about a couple of things, things that made us start thinking about the possibility of her being diabetic. Last night she was pretty sick. I was up with her until 5:30 AM and I was exhausted. Mel took her to the ER and called me a couple of hours later and I went down. As it turns out she, like her sister, is a type 1 diabetic. While this is bad i have a little hope. Her sugar was not nearly as high as her older sisters when diagnosed and seems to respond quickly to treatment. While the doctors say there is no chance, hold out hope we may be able to control it through diet and some other changes. But for now we're dealing with the shots. She'd given herself two at this point but it's hard, she's not a fan by any means.

Now that the latest book is done you'll start seeing me around more, I promise. There's going to be some changes to the site as well so be prepared for some strange goings-on.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Good to see you brother. Give Lil Bit a hug for us.

Strange goings on? Here? I can hardly wait to see what qualifies as strange?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

AA if you really do relocate , try to find a place that has a cave on the property. Constant temperature for storage of meds. Big hugs to Little Bit.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I expect you will be giving us a heads up so we can get the new book ASAP.
        I also hope you can get her sugar under control with out the shots. My dad can control his with diet if he try's hard . But he just wont so he has to get jabbed.
        As far as changes for the site. Please give me a heads up if your throwing my ass out of here so I can get #s.
        The smokey mountains and blue ridge area are some of the nicest places I ever visited so far. But I haven't explored the west as much yet.
        And pics of the truck man don't leave us hanging.

Comment

Comment

Damn. I'm going to start writing books.

Comment

Little Bit has her age and a good papa & mama to help her figure this out. She's active, too - so that may help.

Great minds think alike about location; we closed 7/30 on a place at 2800 ft. Plenty steep enough and a person starts to feel like a mountain goat, after a bit. Can't beat our location - it took hubs 2 hours to find it on Google Earth, and he's pretty good at that. So, after 2 years of only having one place to worry about... we have 2 again. About as different from each other as they can be. I like the 12 people per square mile in that county and being surrounded by national forest that isn't tourist-y... and likely never will be. If you do relocate, you'll have to learn about snow - LOL.

Comment

Little Bit? Is the books actually based on your family?

Comment

It probably IS easier that way, n'est ce pas?

AA, keep her eating lots of green things, but you know this already. It's hard when they're little and want sweets when the other kids at school or in the neighborhood are all getting stuff. :/

(Oooh, the latest news - http://diabetesnewsjournal.com/2015/...nterleukin-35/ = real hope!)
                  Last edited by W.Lynn; 08-11-2015, 07:32 PM. Reason: Link, he came to town. He came to save, the Princess Zelda!
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

That is a nice truck!

Comment

Ford... Ewwwww....
                      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Beats GM....government motors. Lol

I would take that truck in half a heartbeat, as long as I did not have the note on it. Man it is purty. I am partial to those raptors too.

Comment

What gets me is that it has all that computer junk on board. Didn't someone have a problem with his fancy modern toy breaking down after an emp?

Just wondering if our favorite author is trying to create a self fulfilling story.

P.S. The world will end when the big boss puts out the last book in the series. Lets aim for 10 novels.
                          You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                          Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

How far back would you have to go to avoid that? I have efi on my 89.

Comment

Red, try mid to late 70s. Yeah, they're already antiques. This is a '78. It has a carburator; remember those? I jumped up & down like a little kid when we popped the hood, because we can work on this one.

the beast.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X