Hello from Abu Dhabi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Abu Dhabi

Ray here, came on at Unseenone's behest due to some Land Rover related R&D but am intrigued and wandering my around the forum-and downloaded the first book on my kindle for my next trip.

In the UAE on active duty USMC, based out of the Embassy but traveling throughout the Middle East/South Asia as part of the Marine Security Guard program.

Cheers-
    Ray

Welcome Ray!

I'm in the Outer Banks, NC... sometimes... and up in the mountains north of here.... some other times. I'll trade you homesteading lessons for security tips.

Comment

Hi again Ray. Welcome from south central New Mexico. Thanks for dropping in and for what you do. I hope that you enjoy the books.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Good stuff, and appreciate the welcome. I should also have said I more/less call Northern VA/DC 'home' when I'm not in the UAE; risks of the job. That does allow for escape to WVA on a regular basis which is nice and facilitates sanity. Do love the Outer Banks, particularly off season.

Still have a strong desire to get back out to the West/Southwest; loved my time in Arizona and the wife and I's first big trip together was to Colorado (Steamboat), eventually one of the times out there we got engaged (Crested Butte).

One day when I figure out what I want to do when I grow up, it needs to be out that way.
        r-
        Ray

Comment

Where in WV, Ray? (I moved to the beach from the northern Shenandoah Valley; and have lived several places in WV at different times since 1980).

Comment

Let's resume this somewhere else.. opsec is especially important these days.

Comment

Okey-doke.

Comment

Welcome, I have a Marine friend who did that - he collected a list of places where he's no longer allowed to travel. Is there some secret motto that goes "have fun, give 'em hell, and never say you're sorry" that no one admits to? Doesn't matter I guess, there just needs to be.

Been praying for you and all your uniformed brothers, be safe.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from PA

Comment

Welcome and Thank you!
                    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from Pa.
                      Thank you for your service .

DD
                      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Working...
                      X