Out of control fire in So. Cal desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of control fire in So. Cal desert

There is an out of control fire burning in Pheland, which is just a 30 min drive from my house.

The fire jumped the 15 freeway and set cars ablaze while people ran for their lives! One reporter said it looks like something out of "The Walking Dead".

I have family that live there and they opened an evacuation shelter down the street from them.

Between this and what's happening in Long Beach, So Cal is going to hell super quick!

I'll be keeping my eyes on this one and will report back.

Robie

Yes, I saw that. I was supposed to be up for deployment, but found out today that my boss took my name off the list. Otherwise, I could be sent that way as early as tomorrow. I am NOT happy. He and I had words. He explained "why" he wanted me to stay here, and I don't disagree with his reasoning. But I called him out on doing it behind my back. not cool.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Originally posted by Robie View Post
      There is an out of control fire burning in Pheland, which is just a 30 min drive from my house.

The fire jumped the 15 freeway and set cars ablaze while people ran for their lives! One reporter said it looks like something out of "The Walking Dead".

I have family that live there and they opened an evacuation shelter down the street from them.

Between this and what's happening in Long Beach, So Cal is going to hell super quick!

I'll be keeping my eyes on this one and will report back.

Robie
      Sounds a lot like it already IS hell, and the demons are having a hot time
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Strange times in the land of fruit and nuts. I could see things going Medieval there quick.
        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

48 hours without power and people are already freaking out in LB. It's sad that within a short time people can't take care of themselves. But it does go to prove that in situations like this you can only count on yourself.

Comment

What's going on in Long Beach? I must've missed that - I've been on the road & out in the woods with no signal at all.

Comment

Working...
            X