Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattanooga Tennessee

RIP Marines.

"“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

I won't actually watch that video ABT. Taps chokes me up every single time.

When it was played at my Father's funeral is when I lost my ability to keep it together.
    Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

RIP my brothers.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

This guy has the right idea to respond to this latest act of terrorism:

After the shooting at the church in Charleston (which somehow was designated a black church, which I found divisive and offensive and could very well be a motivation for a disenfranchised shooter) everyone acted swiftly to take down all imagery of the Confederate flag. Why this action followed the shooting is unclear, but it set a precedent.

In the wake of the Chattanooga shooting, by a Muslim, I call for the removal of all Islamic flags or imagery from the United States.

Kelly

Comment

Blood on their hands

There have been many questions asked regarding the terrorist shooting of the Marines in Chattanooga. One that keeps coming up is why military personnel are under strict orders not to carry a weapon either openly or concealed while on post.

On February 25, 1992, a Department of Defense Directive, (AD-A272 176) was signed by Donald D. Atwood, Deputy Secretary of Defense under President George H. W. Bush. While it did not completely prohibit DOD personnel from carrying loaded firearms, it severely restricted the practice, effectively banning the practice. (the full text of the directive can be found at http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf ).

The controversial directive states that “it is DoD Policy” to “limit and control the carrying of firearms by DoD military and civilian personnel.”

“The authorization to carry firearms shall be issued only to qualified personnel when there is a reasonable expectation that life or DoD assets will be jeopardized if firearms are not carried. In effect it made all DOD controlled areas generally "gun free zones".

Some are citing Army Regulation 190-14, a policy implemented in 1993 that changed policy regarding carrying firearms on the Army’s military bases, to cast blame on Clinton.

However, that policy specifically notes part of its purpose is aimed at implementing “applicable portions of Department of Defense Directive 5210.56,” which, as previously stated, was put into effect by Bush Sr.’s deputy secretary of defense.

For the 19 years following this directive, numerous presidents, both democrat and republican could have countermanded this order. None of them did.

It appears DoD Directive 5210.56 was reissued in April 2011 by Deputy Secretary of Defense William J. Lynn III, under President Barack Obama.
          This directive stands to this day.

So, the bottom line here is that the blood of the four Marines, as well as the blood of all of the other military shooting victims "on post", (such as the deaths at Ft. Hood Texas), is on the hands of both democrat and republican Presidents.

May God have mercy on their souls for allowing a policy to continue that leads to the unnecessary deaths of our war fighters.
          sic semper tyrannis mortem
          A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
          ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

Originally posted by tortminder View Post

May God have mercy on their souls for allowing a policy to continue that leads to the unnecessary deaths of our war fighters.
            I disagree, I hope He holds them accountable for their actions.

Comment

When a judge pronounced a death sentence in the past his final words would be; "...and may God have mercy on your soul."
              sic semper tyrannis mortem
              A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
              ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

RIP to my brothers.

Comment

Governments made up of dried out, old men, on the take, tend to be paranoid of their nation's own military.

And veterans.

And honest people.

And anyone who thinks for themself.

And armed citizens.

I'm pretty sure the list is very long.
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                  X