hippy communes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hippy communes

Might be of interest to somebody looking for a self reliant community. Some of these are out there but some are kinda interesting.
    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Thanks for the link. This has been very interesting. Most seem to be spiritual/religious and not as 'hippy' as one would think.
    Dode

Comment

Oh Dode, don't let that fool you. It's the "spiritual" part that can be convoluted Newspeak for hippy. 5 of the 13 listed for my state are in my county. Those 5 are ALL hippy.
      Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

I based my deductions of whether or not they were hippy-like on 4 things; shared housing, shared meals, shared expenses and shared income. I did see that about 1/3 of the KS 15 were what I would call 'hippy'. As for MO, there are 52 from which to evaluate, so I only looked at the ones within 100 miles of myself. Rarely did they meet my 4 standards for hippydom. With that said, what they look like on paper can certainly be different from what they are in real life.

I'm at an age where I'm sick of doing it all by myself. A community of like minded people, who are willing to help each other, when needed, to produce food and maintain property is enticing to me. However, the 'share everything communal way of life' is a bit too hippyish and smothering for myself. I like my privacy and solitude now and then. I guess if I wanted to live in a communal setting, it would have to be with people I truly knew and admired. Ugh, too complicated just thinking about it.
        Dode

Comment

Working...
        X