Flashlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights

We have them stuffed everywhere, with every kind of battery you can think up.
    I have started replacing all of them to double a powered. That was most common one we had. I'm hoping one set of rechargeable per light and half dozen spares.
    Southern migrater

Dang, just realized that I have not yet tried starting a fire with the zappy function on my flashlight.

Flashlights are cool, zappy things are cool, ways to make fire are cool, multiple win!
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Be sure to make a video of it when you do.
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

I switched all mine about a year ago to AA models. I catch Duracell batteries on sale on groupon or other places and have a few dollar general batteries mixed in the bunch. They may not last as long as name brand but when you've got a few hundred it won't matter

Comment

Use a dc to dc converter(boost circuit), will boost .65V to 5V. You can run a led off of this by using "so called dead batteries", You can use AAA, AA, C, D in single or two together. their will be enough batteries to keep flashlights running for quite a while. This will be using power otherwise that would have been thrown away. A low level led light in the dark will work as without any manmade lights it gets very dark. A lot of people found this out in 2004 with the 5 weeks of hurricanes that took out the power, it was very dark after the sunset. So a single led light worked very well in seeing what is around you.

Comment

Anyone see AA's tweet on his latest creative testing method? Dropped a flashlight in 30' of Tampa Bay. It was on, so he included a nice photo.

Comment

It was a nice light. I like rechargeable batteries. I'm a fan of AA lights but my primary uses 2 CR123A batteries. So I found a really good double cell rechargeable and picked a few up, they are awesome and pack more power than two single cells. I also have Streamlight lanterns that use 3 D's and have rechargeable batteries for those as well. You can recharge batteries easy enough and you'll always have batteries.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Did you consider sending that "30' and still shining" photo to the company? I swear, it'll get passed around til EVERYONE there has seen it.

Comment

They might even send you a new one.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                    They might even send you a new one.
                    Or ten to give them to your friends

Comment

The photo was pretty, even though all you see is the glow, and not the flashlight itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X