Oklahoma Hog Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Hog Hunting

We took a trip to Shiloh Ranch for a week long Feral Hog hunt. Great outfit to hunt with out of Oklahoma. Great accommodations and 500+ acres of fenced in Feral Hog hunting with 8+ feeders and a bunch of tree stands and ground blinds all over the property.

Thursday evening we went for a little spot and stalk and we found a pig in its bed along a creek bank. Took a pretty iffy shot at 20 yards and it found its home. The Roots hanging down where the iffy part. I had to make sure I cleared through them to hit the mark.

The Invader did its job well and I couldnt be happier.

Some photos:

Here is the den we found my little girl in

She ran along the stream for about 20 yards

fell over at about 20 yards away

Here she is

Carted her out about 3/4 of a mile to the processing part

And before I processed her

Was a great time got to bring home the Bacon and broke in my Wicked Ridge Invader Crossbow.

Nice pig! We starting to see them in parts around here. Soon I'll be able to kill my own hopefully

Comment

When I lived down in SE Oklahoma weused to hunt them with hounds. We would catch them alive and feed them out, or wait until we had a trailer load and take them and sell them. At that time, there was a fairly good market for the boars with the big hunt clubs. The sows and young ones got run through the sale at Antlers, Oklahoma. I don't think they allow people to do that anymore though.

Congratulations on the hunt. It looks like you hade a good time.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Nice shooting.
        I hope to do some of that in Southern Alabama at some point soon.

Comment

Working...
        X