drill . cordless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill . cordless

I have several big projects I need to work on, and my dewalt died. Long story short, I picked up a new 18 volt drill/driver kit with an impact driver jncluded in the kit.

OK, maybe I am the only one living under a rock, but the impact driver, not impact wrench, is awesome! No more twister off heads or stripped heads. No more twisted wrists.

If anyone is considering a new drill and does a lot of driving with it, it is very worth while to get the impact driver.

As a side note, the well is fixed, the raised bed boxes are coming along, the broiler coop will be next.

A link or picture of what you got would be helpful.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Did the drill die or did the batteries go Tango Uniform?

Comment

I picked up a rigid. The free batteries for life sealed the deal.

The batteries went and I replaced one. The the motor smoked. I asked more than I should of it probably. I can't get electricity to the fence posts where I needed to hang a gate and I did not gave the right bit for the brace, so I ran an auger but in the cordless. End of drill.

Tex, running those bits and big assed lags (I know use a ratchet) are what I mean about the wrist. Those things bite and hang without a t handle and it is tough on an old break.

Comment

How funny...I am shopping for a drill and have this one in mind:

Is that the one you got, redman?

I have an old drill but it does not have reverse feature, which I really need.

Kelly

Comment

That is my old one I think. I would stay away from the nicad batterie . They have a memory and if you leave them plugged to the charger, they will go bad. They also discharge a good bit just sitting there. The lithium batteries are much nicer. I got the rigid brand 18 volt with lithium batteries 2 amp hour and am very pleased. On sale for less than $150. Now that included the impact driver. If I decide later, I will grab some of the 4 amp hour batteries. Around Christmas, home depot runs a two for one on all batteries every year.

This 2 amp hour has lasted a lot longer than the old nicad did.

A lit will depend on what you like to use it for. Light drilling and dry wall screws, the 12 volts are nice. Heavier stuff requiring extended runs and lots of torque the 18 volt. If money were no object and you were a pro, the Milwaukee or makita brushless are what I would buy.

For me, the rigid was the best balance. They also have a free batteries for life deal. Considering they re $100 a pop, that sold me. They also have a lifetime service guarantee. It is a pain to use, but they will honor it.

Comment

That looks like it . Rated at 650 inch lbs for the drill and 1700 for the impact driver.

The impact driver is a separate tool.

Comment

I bought the rigid tool set over 6 years ago(been through one set of batteries-they replaced), I would buy them again. My drill is also the hammer drill and the set has worked great.

Comment

I picked up the Dewalt impact driver and hammer drill combo complete with 2 4ah batteries. I'm putting up a telephone pole shed and tried using my 7yo craftsman 20v drill. With the battery fully charged it straight up quit about midway on the first 4" lag bolt. I'm not sure if it overheated or if it was draining the battery to fast. Paid for the dewalt name but every dewalt any of my family members have bought has returned its value and then some.

FYI - I've been using black and decker $5 nut driver bits and have had no issues. I'm still shocked that the one i'm using to drive 4" lags hasnt snapped yet.

Comment

This rigid kit has been great. It has seen some heavy use, but mostly moderate home use. The batteries last forever. So far no issues. I like the free batteries for life. That really sold me on it. The quality so far will keep me coming back. I have other rigid products that have been good compromises. If I was a pro, the makita would have been my choice. My last dewalt drill was a serious disappointment as was the dewalt corded hammer drill.

Comment

Working...
                    X