Hello from Okla.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Okla.

Hey all 52 yr old Okie saying Hi. And thank you to AngeryAmerican for writing some darn good books. I have read the first 3 so far and own the fifth but had to order number 4. Am waiting impatiently for it lol.
    Have checked out the site a little bit and seemed like a good un so here I am. Though not usually a big poster I do enjoy reading, and learning. Thanks for having me.

welcome, the individuals in the cages mean no arm, come on in

Comment

Welcome okhogman! Hope your book arrrives quickly.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
        Welcome okhogman! Hope your book arrrives quickly.

Thanks me too. But they say it'll take about 2 weeks. That will be 2 loooooong weeks.

Comment

Welcome from New Mexico to our little corner of the internet. We've got a bunch of really good folks here. Enjoy your stay.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome from me too. Let us know if you have any questions. Don't be shy.
              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome to the board, Okie. I'm glad we were able to get the issues worked out so you could post.

I had a chance to visit with Okhogman lastnight for a little while and we were able to compare a few notes and stories. I hope that after he has a chance to check things out, he will go ahead and start some threads in the farming and ranching section and let us know how he does the things he does. Going simply by his name, I mistakenly assumed he was a hog hunter from Oklahoma, so I wanted to see if we may have traipsed the same ground. He set me straight though and said that he and his family provide most of their own meat by raising hogs. He also does a few other things along the homestead and self sufficiency lines, but I will allow him the chance to tell you all about it.

Okhogman, I hope you find the content of the board as well as the people to your liking. We try our best to keep it friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Tex
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                  Welcome to the board, Okie. I'm glad we were able to get the issues worked out so you could post.

I had a chance to visit with Okhogman lastnight for a little while and we were able to compare a few notes and stories. I hope that after he has a chance to check things out, he will go ahead and start some threads in the farming and ranching section and let us know how he does the things he does. Going simply by his name, I mistakenly assumed he was a hog hunter from Oklahoma, so I wanted to see if we may have traipsed the same ground. He set me straight though and said that he and his family provide most of their own meat by raising hogs. He also does a few other things along the homestead and self sufficiency lines, but I will allow him the chance to tell you all about it.

Okhogman, I hope you find the content of the board as well as the people to your liking. We try our best to keep it friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Tex
                  And thank you again Tex for all your help getting me started here.

Comment

Welcome from Fla. Okhog
                    People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                    ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Welcome from okiehoma
                      If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Hiya from E. Carolina... we love us some us good bbq piggies! What kind are you raising?

Comment

Hello, welcome, glad you like the content so far.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                            Hiya from E. Carolina... we love us some us good bbq piggies! What kind are you raising?
                            We started out with Berkshires, and we have a Menonite neighbor a few miles down the road that let me bring one of our gilts over and breed with his Yorkshire boar. So right now we have mixed breed. But I am wanting to get some Hampshires (I've just always loved their look). Right now down to 3 but will soon be breeding another gilt. Took our largest in to butcher a cpl months ago and she weighed in at 647 lbs. Since we've started raising our own hogs we just can't really enjoy store bought pork any longer.

Comment

Welcome okhogman

Comment

Working...
                              X