Back from Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Missouri

Well gang we made it back. Overall the trip was a lot of fun and I think those that attended really enjoyed themselves and took quite a bit away. One thing I personally learned was I need more training. My friend Alan opened my eyes, while our philosophies differ, one thing is certain, you have to get out there and train if you expect to perform. I know everyone is wondering about the black eye, well it's ripe for the picking now. We were practicing making space, getting someone off you. Here are a couple of pics.

Black eye.jpg

Most folks think they carry a gun and that's all they need. We practiced this several times, no one, no one had time to go for the gun. They were far too worried about the getting woodpeckered to death. It was during this evolution that my knee went out. Below are a couple of pics. The guy I'm going at it with is the property owner Mitch, a really nice guy. He was a wiry little guy with a grip like iron. He never had the chance to draw his gun and the fight ended with me sticking the blade in his taint, that ended the fight immediately.

My knee went out when I was taking him to the ground, i heard and felt the pop but it didn't hurt then, it wasn't until I was getting up that the knee folded like a lawn chair and the pain showed. I go Friday to the Orthopedist to see what's up with it.

We practiced a lot in the way of knife skills, defending was the primary issue.

We later moved to the range to get down and dirty. There were a number of things we worked on, communication was the primary thing we worked on. As these were all folks with limited experience I was worried about safety, people moving and shooting gets real dangerous. But everyone performed great. Alan covered the proper use of cover, the difference between that and concealment. When looking at the pics you'll see the guys with the outside knee is up, this is opposite of the normal way we shoot, the support knee would usually be up. But behind cover it's the opposite, that way if one of your teammates slides in to use the same cover they don't knock you over.

Alan induced stress through exercise, making the guys do all sorts of stuff, then he would shout "Contact front!" and they had to react, it was an eye opener. I was participating in the evolutions at the range as well, until the knee went out when I was moving for cover and crashed into the dirt, I was no a liability and sat the rest of the events out, except the last one. The guys were quick to come to my aid and quickly had ice on the knee, they really were a great bunch.

The last evolution was a constant movement to contact, everyone on line advancing and firing, this was a really fun evolution, the pic is below.

I'll post more on this later, the one thing I took away from this was: Get off your ass and train.

I don't know what's up with the pics, it's too late to fool with it tonight, i'll look at it tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by angeryamerican; 02-22-2015, 03:10 PM.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Attachemnts are not working

Comment

Same here.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Me three.

Comment

That's exactly the kind of training I want to do, AA.
          But I know I have to get in shape before I even inquire about a class, right now.

Long story; too boring to tell.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of good info and a bit of fun thrown in. Glad you're home safely, sorry to hear about the knee.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thanks so much to Angery and Alan Kay for this weekend! This was such an eye opening experience! I also thought I had some sort of grasp on what would happen/what I would do, until I got to meet Alan and have some real world training! Now I know! I was able to take SO much knowledge away with me from this outing, and was given great instruction. Even having my weapon on me....and knowing that an attack upon me was eminent...there was just no time to react with my sidearm! But after amazing instruction, and much one on one time, I now feel more confident in the preservation of not only my life, but those around me. From the tactical training and striking, to the winter weather survival and proper thoughts on bug out bag contents, this was a weekend that will not soon be forgotten. If you all get the chance to make it to an outing, I will strongly encourage you to make the trip! You will not be disappointed!
              And side note for Angery...let em know if those pictures are not working for you. I think I figured out what my sending issue was, and can resend any that you would like. Hope that knee is doing alright brother.

Comment

Thanks Wolfman, I'm glad you had a good time. It truly was a learning experience for all of us.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Go ahead AA, tell us what an "eye opener" it was...
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

How's the knee?
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Eh, still hurts but I get around on it. Have an MRI scheduled for this week.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Got cha some obama care?

Comment

I hope that it's a fast-healing injury. But if bad comes to worse and you need a leg, let me know. ..I think I still have a spare around here somewhere. ..
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

LOL @ Kick, now that's funny. Did you ever saw it off to fit? If so may not fit me.
                            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Nah, I left it unaltered, though you might need to upgrade the kickstand to a bit heavier duty model.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                              X