WAR by Sebastian Junger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR by Sebastian Junger

Sebastian Junger is a war reporter/writer/journalist. Some of you may recall he wrote The Perfect Storm which is the story of the men lost on the Andrea Gail in the no-name storm of October 1991. As an aside, I was living on the Outer Cape during that storm and it was just beyond belief.

In fact, Mr. Junger lived on the Cape during that time, which probably explains what compelled him to write that book.

Anyway, a recent interview with Mr. Junger about his thoughts on why men go to war:

“I think this is probably the first society in history that actively discourages an intelligent conversation about what manhood should require of men,”
    “There are no biological differences between the races … but there are biological differences between the genders,” he says. “So feminists—very understandably—got quite nervous at any discussion around that topic of innate differences.”
    The book has good ratings, and can be had for cheap if you don't mind used. I'll post an update after I read it.

Kelly

P.S: Admins: I did not see a general 'Books We Like (Besides AA's)' thread; so please move if this is not a good spot.
    P.P.S Admins: Please correct my typo in heading. Should be spelled 'Sebastian'
    Last edited by Kelly; 01-31-2015, 11:42 AM.

Kelly -- I'll have to check it out. I like most of what I've seen from Sebastian Junger.

Comment

Working...
    X