Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is best EMP book (series) ever!

A. American,

Wow! I started reading my first EMP book back in 2010 not knowing literally anything regarding the threat EMP or CME's face. I started with One Second After and then by luck I ended up finding the Lights Out pdf online, which I ended up ordering as paperback. One Second After was great I thought....until I read Lights Out. The characters were well defined and had a really good story that kept me interested throughout every chapter.

Then for a long time I was yearning for another EMP book. Something that would be as good as Lights Out and I came across Going Home - The Survivalist Series. This book was the best yet and not only did it keep my attention, but it grew on me always thirsting for more after every chapter until the book was finished, only to discover....its not the end of the story! I'm reading book 5 in the series now and have a few chapters left. This has been such an awesome adventure.

Thank you for such a great story. This will definitely stay in my collection for a long time.

//DirtDiver

Welcome to the board, Dirt Diver. I'm sure AA will be proud to see what you wrote.

Going by your screen name, I'm guessing you like to get the metal detector out. Is that correct? We've got a pretty good board here with alot of folks who know all sorts of useful and useless things. Most everyone is into being prepared and we try to help one another out however possible. Stick around and join in the conversations.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcone DD. Be sure to go to Amazon, B&N and post reviews for AA. He is negotiating his new contract.

Comment

welcome to the site, lots of good people here

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. As mentioned above, I will definitely get over to Amazon for a review of this series in the next few days. As far as the questions on the origin of my alias here, I came across a type of wasp that I've notice digging holes in my backyard over the summer and as I was looking for the type of wasp online, I came across the name of the dirt diver wasp (actually, after further research I've discovered that it may not be a dirt diver but a close relative called the cicada killer). Any ways, the name kind of stuck with me. So, not really into metal detectors, but there was a time I needed one to find my keys dropped in the snow up here in the good ol' northeast. ;-)

Comment

Welcome, DD! In which state do you live in the NE? I fled from Mass in '09 to WY.

Kelly

Comment

Welcome from PA DD

Comment

Hey DD, welcome to the board. I have those same damn wasps down here in Florida, they bug the crap out of you but really wont bother you. Glad you enjoyed the series so far, I'm working on the next one and hope to have it out by the summer.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                  Welcome, DD! In which state do you live in the NE? I fled from Mass in '09 to WY.

Kelly
                  Thank you! ... I live in the worst state ever, New Yorkistan (Upstate, about 20 mins outside of Albany). It's been called home for the last 40 years but I'm currently in the process of considering other options. Especially when the governor blurted that "extreme conservatives who are [...] pro-assault—weapon [...] have no place in the State of New York".

As you can tell I am pro-gun and conservative. I grew up in a mostly democratic household, but during my early 20's is when I started having a brain to think for myself what politics meant to me. I was also taught at a young age to respect firearms. My dad instilled the use of firearms and taught me how to hunt (big game, small game, archery, muzzle loader, etc), fish and trap, which I do to this day with other family members. I enjoy competitive shooting sports, such as 3Gun and IDPA. So, the short of this story is, if you enjoy your second amendment rights, then you aught to consider not living in NY.

So there you have it. ;-)

Comment

Upstate NY is FAR better than that viper pit, NYC.

I grew up in the Berkshires - just over MA border from you! Small world.

Once you've got a few more posts under your belt (not sure the minimum), c'mon over to the Darkside of the board, where we have a thread about all things Wyoming - the most free state left in the US:

Also, check out Chat some evening but be warned - that's where the heaviest eaters o' paste hang out.

Again, welcome aboard!
                    Kely

Comment

LOL - Yeah I tend to stay away from NYC, but I occasionally travel to Boston for work every few months... Thanks again and I def. head over that way when I graduate from being the "new guy" here.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdiver View Post
                        LOL - Yeah I tend to stay away from NYC, but I occasionally travel to Boston for work every few months... Thanks again and I def. head over that way when I graduate from being the "new guy" here.
                        As do I! PM me if you're in Beantown this month.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
                        X