Upcoming event.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming event.

Ok gang, you guys get the first shot at this. On Valentines weekend, I know bad timing, I will be hosting an event in Springfield Mo. It's going to be three days on a private range with a professional instructor. This is going to be very basic, starting at the bottom and working up, hand to hand, weapon retention, basic field craft and fist aid. We are beginning with sidearm only as most of us carry one. Alan, the instructor will open some eyes to what it's like to actually try and draw your weapon in a stressful situation. He will teach you how to do so, how to make space to do so and when trying to is the last thing you should be worrying about.

This will be a field event, living in the field out of your pack. I will be providing portable shit houses but that's it. At night we will sit around the fire and talk about the days events as well as whatever else creeps up. After the weapons are secured maybe a beer or whisky and a cigar after the steaks are grilled. If you want to go and can make time let me know. If you throw your hat out there please make sure you can really go. There is no cost for this, I'm covering all the expense. You will be responsible for some things like breakfast possibly. This is still evolving and will go through some changes as we get closer. So let me know if you're interested.
    I'm drunk tonith.

I am interested, but the job front will dictate my availability

Comment

Wow. What a generous offer. Checking the calendar!

Comment

Who is the instructor? Pistol only or Carbines/Shotguns too?

Is there a syllabus.

Comment

The instructor will be announced later, he's a friend of mine and very good. He's putting together the course schedule now and I'll post it up when we get closer. For now it's only pistols, we're starting with the basics like I said. However, if this is successful it will lead to additional courses. He teaches everything up to and including small unit tactics, bounding as a unit, ambush responses, all of it. Plus he has an incredible sense of humor, he and I have a lot of fun when we're together.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Man, I would love to participate, but I just don't see it happening. I am jealous of those of you who get to participate. Oh well, it's just as well, since I don't have a sidearm anyway.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

This is just the first such event. If this is successful there will be others.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Ha Ha, I read that AA and thought you said "bonding with a unit" & I thought....one of these damn days, I'll get to bond with my fav author. Now Now...I don't mean anything by that, I just want to meet his big self.

I'll check out how far it is for me and see if I can be there.

Dayum...it is 7 1/2 hours from me. Get your ass to the Louisville area before I go crazy AA.
                Last edited by Gena.KY; 01-06-2015, 10:07 AM.
                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

damn, won't be able to make this one, but would love to.

Comment

Interested, but the RP hates doing anything in the cold (so much for all the mad boiskout skilz!) I will float it past him anyway, just in case.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by Gena.KY View Post
                      Ha Ha, I read that AA and thought you said "bonding with a unit" & I thought....one of these damn days, I'll get to bond with my fav author. Now Now...I don't mean anything by that, I just want to meet his big self.

I'll check out how far it is for me and see if I can be there.

Dayum...it is 7 1/2 hours from me. Get your ass to the Louisville area before I go crazy AA.

Umm... #1 - 7 1/2 hrs isn't that far
                      #2 - who said you weren't already crazy?

Comment

Well Ms Betty, I was thinking that I could get to his house in that many hours. I'd rather go to Florida where it is warmer.
                        Last edited by Gena.KY; 01-08-2015, 10:03 AM.
                        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

I floated it by the RP last night, the outdoors in February & 9.5hr drive parts lost his interest fast. But this is also the guy who likes firearms, but couldn't be convinced to go to the big event at his favorite range because it sounded "too big."
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I'm close enough but the cold and timing have me hesitating to bring it up with RD. I do know we both would not be able to go.
                            Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Alright guys, if you want in let me know.
                              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                              X