Hey Florida Folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Florida Folks!

I'm thinking of having a little meet-n-greet at small tactical shop in Umatilla Saturday if anyone is interested. The shop is called Freedom Tactical Outfitters on Central. I'll also be giving away a few signed sets, complete with the latest, Resurrecting Home. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Additionally, looks like I'm probably going to be heading out to Tex's place later this month and will be making several stops on the way out and back. I'll post up the route and where we plan on stopping as it get's firmed up.
    I'm drunk tonith.

I just saw that on facebook...I might actually be able to do that.
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

I sure hope it's more than a quick fuel stop this time.
      Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Pffft...heading to Tex's...where have I heard that before?

Hope y'all have a fun time.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Stop in at PA on your way to or from. It's beautiful here this time of year. Cough -Cough -Gag-Spit really it is. No shit honest.

Comment

tfk, I'm curious. My impression is you work coal. If so, are you pit mining or "dark as a dungeon" style?
            "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

I still work for the coal company but been above ground for the last 8 years . But before that I crawled in the cold wet deep mines in a 30 to 40 inch seam about 500 feet below ground and black as your mind can imagine.

Comment

When I lived in the Lewistown area and in the Burgh, I knew some underground miners. Braver or crazier than me, maybe both. I couldn't even imagine considering doing that kind of work. Even more than I couldn't imagine considering jumping out of an airplane without a gun to my back. Nice, stand-up guys, though.

Correction: I think the Lewistown/Huntington guys were open-pit.
                "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Its just one of those jobs you get use to . Its like the iron workers up high connecting beams. Once you get over the fear of falling it's just another day at work. Though I have seen a lot of guys come under ground and discovered they were Clausterphobic an some that just couldn't shake the fear of cave ins . But in the end in low coal it's usually wore out knees and bad backs that end your career .

This isn't me but its what I did for years went in after the mining machine took the coal out bolted the roof up with a crawl beside LA bolter.

Last edited by tk; 12-10-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

My claustrophobia kicked in just looking at that pic, tfk!!

Comment

Here's how my granddaddy did it under cut the coal with a pick drill shot holes in the coal with a hand drill . shoot your own coal then shovel it into your rail car. 3 cars a day then hope the company didn't rip you off on your car weights that you sent out with your tags on them. We have it good today.

Comment

Anyone thinking of dropping by Saturday I'm thinking about 2:00
                        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I totally would drive up if I didn't already have something scheduled with a local group. I work every other weekend, so do it again in 2 weeks and I am there!
                          "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Originally posted by tfk View Post
                            I still work for the coal company but been above ground for the last 8 years . But before that I crawled in the cold wet deep mines in a 30 to 40 inch seam about 500 feet below ground and black as your mind can imagine.
                            Well, squirrel away that money, next year your job won't exist thanks to Obastard.
                            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

I agree it's not the time to choose coal as your career. But if they want lights in New York City the four major power plants that produce that power are all here by our mines and their not quite ready to change this end of the country over to wind and solar yet . So we may make it a few more years. But during my mining career I have went from all the overtime you want to unemployment in the same week more than once. ( AD we kind of high jacked this thread could we move it and its work related contents to an occupation's thread or something)

Comment

Working...
                              X