Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally found potatoe seeds...not the tuber kind...real little seeds!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally found potatoe seeds...not the tuber kind...real little seeds!!

I had thought that I was doomed to be without potatos if it ever hit the fan. I had researched this a few years ago and could not find any. I knew that if I bought the bags of tubers/starters, that they would rot within a year no matter how I stored them. I just happened to stumble across some real live seeds for potatos today. Yep, they come in little packets of 50 seeds per pack for $4.50 per pack or $3.75 if you buy at least 3 packs.
    I talked to the horticulturist (don't know if I spelled it correct but you get the point) (at Park Seed Co.) and he said that they would store for 2-3 years. I am thrilled!!! I ordered 3 packs just now. Their phone number is 800-845-3369. Get yours today so you do not have to go without taters.

Zolushka Potato Seeds

What does this mean?

Read All Reviews

(P) Pkt of 50 seeds

Item # 05442-PK-P1

$4.50

Buy 3+ at $3.75 ea

Available to ship.

Quantity

Add to Cart
    Live Chat with Customer Service

This white potato is firm, smooth, and delicious!

HUGE savings over tuber-grown potatoes!

110 days from setting out transplants. Grow potatoes far more economically with Zolushka, a splendid white frying variety from seed! Great disease resistance means big yields, and these firm oval potatoes are the absolute best we've ever tasted for chips and fries!
    These potatoes are smooth, with very shallow eyes and white flesh within pale tan skin. They reach 3 to 4 inches in diameter, and arise on compact plants that demonstrate terrific disease resistance, particularly to late blight. The yields are huge and the quality superb with Zolushka!

This plant is almost as attractive to look at as the roots are delicious to eat! Zolushka offers pointed, slightly glossy leaves (good sun protection for the potatoes)topped with numerous large, white blooms in late spring. It spreads quickly and sets very good crops of top-quality frying potatoes. Harvest them when the plant begins to flower if you want tender "new" potatoes; for full-sized fruits, harvest anytime after flowering until the foliage begins to yellow and die.

Growing potatoes from seed takes a little longer, but the savings in money and space are well worth it! Start the seeds indoors and transplant when the soil warms up. Potatoes need loose, sandy, rich soil and consistent moisture, especially once the tubers begin to grow. Pkt is 50 seeds.

Product Details
    Customer Reviews
    How to Sow & Grow
    Superior Seed Germination
    Seed FAQ

Genus Solanum
    Species tuberosum
    Variety 'Zolushka'
    ItemForm (P) Pkt of 50 seeds
    BloomStartToEnd Late Spring
    DaysToMaturity 110
    FruitColor Brown
    Habit Spreading
    SeedsPerPack 50
    FruitDiameter 3 in - 4 in
    AdditionalCharacteristics Edible
    BloomColor White
    HarvestSeason Early Fall, Late Fall, Late Summer, Mid Fall
    LightRequirements Full Sun
    MoistureRequirements Moist, well-drained
    Resistance Blight, Disease Resistant
    SoilTolerance Normal, loamy
    Uses Beds, Cuisine
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Thanks Gena
    Have you ever ordered from that company before?

Comment

Working...
    X