Gravely Walk Behind Tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravely Walk Behind Tractor

Here's a pic of mine........ it's a Gravely walk behind. Bought it this Spring and then my arm went kerplunk. Hoping to break ground next Spring. It has the rotary plow, cultivator, sickle mower, brush hog, sulky and a 4' push blade. I think you saw it on SB, but the folks here might get a kick out of it.
    Attached Files
    Dode

I thought the sickle mower would come in handy for cutting tall grass/hay for the bunnies and a couple of goats.
    Dode

Comment

I bought a 1949 gravely in pieces years ago Restored it and used it for years good machines . But watch using the sulky when mowing if you turn hard the handlebars will take you right off the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by tfk View Post
        I bought a 1949 gravely in pieces years ago Restored it and used it for years good machines . But watch using the sulky when mowing if you turn hard the handlebars will take you right off the seat.
        That's good to know...I doubt I'll ever mow with it, so the sulky is just taking up space. I bought it all for $800; it runs, plows, cultivates and the tires are real good. Haven't tried the sickle, brush hog or push blade, yet. Maybe next year. If the sickle works well, I'll have to replace a couple of teeth (buy an old sickle for parts). The only thing missing is 5 acres.
        Dode

Comment

Very nice. I want to get a walk behind to maintain trails and cut brush and the like.

I currently have a 1992 Gravely 16G with 40" deck, 48" snowblower, and 48" push blade. I love it. (And so do my kids by looking at the pictures)

Attached Files

Comment

Oooooo, sweet ride!

This reminds me that I should invest in some chains for my tires, if I'm going to attempt the snow plow this winter..... so much to learn. I'm a woman, so I didn't automatically inherit he-man knowledge. I better get it all rigged BEFORE the snowy weather....
            Dode

Comment

Good buy - you seldom find a work horse that will do all the things this one will......

Comment

Originally posted by Dode View Post
                Oooooo, sweet ride!

This reminds me that I should invest in some chains for my tires, if I'm going to attempt the snow plow this winter..... so much to learn. I'm a woman, so I didn't automatically inherit he-man knowledge. I better get it all rigged BEFORE the snowy weather....
                Unless you hold a Union Man Card, you are prohibited for operating machinery. Stick the the kitchen and bedroom ........

Ready......Aim.....Fire

Comment

Uh.............. what am I gonna do in the BEDROOM???
                  Dode

Comment

Uh.............. what am I gonna do in the BEDROOM???
                    Clean it of course

Comment

Oh, yeah! Never know when I might trap.......................... uh, have company.
                      Dode

Comment

What you mean Walk behind,that 0ne thigy looked like a good place to plop you ass into.
                        Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

I think the sulky is a scary proposition...
                          Dode

Comment

I think the sulky is a scary proposition...
                            We had these at my agency when I was first hired. It had the sulky attached. I didn't know why everyone was crowded around the window watching me mow till I tried to turn it on the bank of the ditch. The handle bars drove into my manhood like Pete Rose used to slide into home........... I was nut punched so hard I probably still have bruises all these years later.............

You can have all that beast you want Dode.... Walk behind it if you like, but ware the sulky... it is evil!
                            "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Our Gravely is down right now, Shaft bolt came out when my dad was using it and the Deck PTO clutch dropped tearing itself up. That clutch was replaced a little over a year ago. It was torqued down correctly but now I wish I would have threw some lock tight on the the threads, oh well nothing like a $230 lesson.

RD
                              Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Working...
                              X