book suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book suggestions

I hope it is not bad form to ask this here, but I need some more book suggestions.

I really enjoyed the Going home series, Lights Out, One Second After. Some of the Rawles books were ok. Patriots was not one of my favorites.

My favorites are the first Going Home and One Second After, followed by Lights out.

So, any others along that line? A few I have tried to read were really poorly written and did not have an editor. I just want a good story that might make me go hmmm.....

Thanks

299 days series (now on book 7 of 10)
    Out of gas / The Farm - Randy Dyess
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

There is a thread somewhere about books. I just finished the Jakarta Pandemic per AA's suggestion and the 2 sequels that came after.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

THanks guys

Comment

I finished reading Enemies Foriegn and Domestic by Matthew Bracken lastnight. Tonight I will start on the second book on the trilogy, Domestic Enemies the Reconquista. Foreign Enemies and Traitors is the third book of the series. They came to me as a gift and have been highly recommended. They aren't what I would call PAW fiction, but they do give one a better grasp of what is going on in our country in novel form. Should you read them though, prepare to get mad. What the author wrote several years ago seems to be playing out now.

Enemies F&D was very good. I would rank it up at the top of the list of things people should read.

Tex
          Last edited by Tex; 08-08-2014, 06:50 PM.
          = 2
          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Unintended Consequences by John Ross.

Comment

Bracken, not Rawles then. Sorry, I had authors mixed up. I did enjoy that.

Never made it through Unintended Consequences. No reason. Just got side tracked. I need to get that back out. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I forgot about Alas Babylon. That was required reading in highschool. I remember enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                  I finished reading Enemies Foriegn and Domestic by Matthew Bracken lastnight. Tonight I will start on the second book on the trilogy, Domestic Enemies the Reconquista. Foreign Enemies and Traitors is the third book of the series. They came to me as a gift and have been highly recommended. They aren't what I would call PAW fiction, but they do give one a better grasp of what is going on in our country in novel form. Should you read them though, prepare to get mad. What the author wrote several years ago seems to be playing out now.

Enemies F&D was very good. I would rank it up at the top of the list of things people should read.

Tex
                  Read all three. I think they are good, but then again I thought Going Home was good.... So your YMMV

Comment

Yup, both Ross and Bracken. However, these are both more "Firearms Rights" than PAW.
                    If you are looking for more PAW, Thomas Sherry's Deep Winter series is thoroughly enjoyable.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

I will read all three. Kickstand and ABT had been talking about this series for quite awhile and they also told me where I could go and download them for free. I prefer to read an actual book though and I mentioned that to them one day while we discussing this series on here. Kickstand and the kindhearted lady who feels sorry for him sent me a little gift a few weeks back and when I opened the package I had new copies of all three books.

I had been wanting to read all three, but kept forgetting to order them. It was really cool of Kickstand and his lovely bride to do that for me and I appreciated the gesture. I finished Enemies Foreign & Domestic lastnight and will be starting on Domestic Enemies The Reconquista tonight. I would not consider these books PAW fiction, but they do go right along with that theme and what is very likely to cause a PAW scenario. Matthew Bracken was able to hit the nail on the head when it comes to laying out likely scenarios for our near future.

Thank you again, Kickstand and his lovely lady.

Tex
                      = 2
                      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I second kickstand's recommendation for Deep Winter - here's the pdf version ; pulled until authorization can be validated
                        Last edited by AD; 08-09-2014, 03:24 PM. Reason: To make sure its a legit link and authorized by the author
                        'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

Uhm, is that pdf authorized by the author for current release? We don't want to be passing around pirated copies of a book, especially on an author's web site.
                          I would recommend

Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Started deep winter last night.

One thing I noticed right away is he is not playing his cards close with offers of kerosene and food and such. It would be a balancing act, but caution about who knows what would be important in my mind.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks again

Comment

The final book 9 of '299 Days IX: The Restoration' is out!
                              'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

Working...
                              X