The start of my get home bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The start of my get home bag

Well after reading the first three books it only took the first chapter to think that it would be a good idea to keep a bag in the car. So here is what I have so far.

I got two Maxpedition bags I think they are called the Falcon II and the Versipack.

Here I have a small amount of food, bouillon, Stuff to clean pans cheep pot to boil water some MRE stuff etc.

Some light sticks first aide stuff (I have a first aid kit as well), space blankets, hygiene gear, The yellow things are Maxi Pads that as you know work great for big boo boos.

The top right is my fire starting stuff (a few bags of lint). Then I have some multitools and saws a compass, trip wire, Sunglasses, Binos.

The most important tool a Sweet Water micro filter. I also have a 2L bladder for the Maxpedition bag.

I still have a lot to learn and get. I do have a Modular sleep system and foam pad but I need a tarp. I one of the pictures you will see some Figure 9 Carabiners to use with the 550 cord I have.

You may notice I have tow of some things I'm setting up another bag for my wires car.

For my carry gun I use the Springfield Armory XDs .45

I need a change of clothes and some socks as well.

Any other suggestions would be helpful. What do you guys carry?

Yes those are chop sticks and yes I can use them. Ha!

Sorry my key board sucks That would be two of everything and in on of the pictures

Comment

This was missing as well.

Comment

Looks great. I need to get started on a better stocked one for myself. Where I live and work, I'm not too worried about needing so much, but I would like to get a little better setup.

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

The figure nines are handy, but nothing beats knowing knots. And knots don't weigh a thing. <G>

Because the dress code changed at work, I now have a pair of boots in the car too. They add a tie to the dress code, and I am out of there.

I missed the cordage to go with the nines.

Comment

I've got some 550 cord in there. I'll put boots in the car as well.

Comment

Looking good. Now to get it packed so that it doesn't poke you in the back or rattle around. That is always fun.
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

you could rivet a small steel cable or lite chain onto the pot so that it can be hung over a fire, makes it much like a billy pot
                other than that everything looks good.
                P.S. the small bottles of alcohol soap also work well for fire starting, just be safe, once its lit you can't see the flames

Comment

Working...
                X