No announcement yet.

Hello from Western NY, the 51st state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Western NY, the 51st state.

I just signed on to the forum. Loved the going home series, I'm on my second time reading it. I'm new at prepping but was raised by my depression era grandfather. I never knew but he was a prepper when prepping wasn't cool. I Subconscioisly learned from him. Anyways, I'm looking to learn from others with the same mindset. Thanks.

Welcome aboard SW. There's a lot of good information here, and a lot of good people. Surf the site and join in the conversation.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome SW. Don't let it overwhelm you.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from PA.

Comment

Welcome. I don't think it's so much "when prepping wasn't cool" as just, people forgot to do it. You don't think about needing something that seems to always be there. Then a state-stopping blizzard or coast killing superstorm rolls through and suddenly those things you always trusted to be there, aren't.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to the board, Stonewall. We have a pretty good group here and we all try to help one another out as best we can. Our experiences and knowledge bases are varied from one to another, so if you have specific questions, go ahead and ask. Somebody should be able to help you out.

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed when it comes to prepping. Just do what you can as you can afford it. What sorts of interests do you have? Do you hunt, or are you interested in livestock or homesteading? We have all types around here, so feel free to dip into the knowledge base we have.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome
              Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Welcome to the board .
                Getting ready is like eating an elephant...
                One bite at a time ..and a boat load of garlic...

DD
                OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                  Welcome to the board, Stonewall. We have a pretty good group here and we all try to help one another out as best we can. Our experiences and knowledge bases are varied from one to another, so if you have specific questions, go ahead and ask. Somebody should be able to help you out.

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed when it comes to prepping. Just do what you can as you can afford it. What sorts of interests do you have? Do you hunt, or are you interested in livestock or homesteading? We have all types around here, so feel free to dip into the knowledge base we have.

Tex

I live in a small town with about 9 acres. We had horses but I was the only one into them so we swapped out for ATVs. I have always hunted and had a garden. Just starting to can. My wife and I have been talking about getting some chickens. I am a LEO (very pro constitutional rights) and firearms instructor for the local sheriffs office. If SHTF I will be on the right side and so will many others that I work with.

Comment

Welcome from me too. Good to hear that you and your friends will be on the right side. Makes me feel a little better knowing that. Don't be shy. Jump right in. Ask us something or tell us something.
                    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome aboard stonewall, feel free to jump in.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I am a LEO (very pro constitutional rights) and firearms instructor for the local sheriffs office. If SHTF I will be on the right side and so will many others that I work with.
                        This is great to hear. It's easy for us to focus on the bad, because we rarely hear the good. I know that we have a couple of other LEO's here, but they rarely post. I hope that they haven't become discouraged by our anti-Statist attitude. Please join in and help remind us that there really are good guys in Blue.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

"The news" rarely covers anything good, except to make it sound OMG, SENSATIONAL!

The good ones become peace officers and firemen for the same reasons people volunteer. There's too much needing done, and too few rolling up sleeves and doing it.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from me too Stonewall...I grew up in WNY. Glad to have you...enjoy the paste

Comment

Welcome from a fellow NYer (upstate). This is the place to be if you want to learn and not deal with trolls. Thank you for doing the job you do and believing in the constitution.
                              Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Working...
                              X