I retired from the Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I retired from the Corps

Well I just retired from the Marine Corps. Just shy of 29 years. Loved every bit of it.

Congratulations on the milestone and thanks for the sacrifices you have made on our behalf.

What is next on the agenda?

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Thank you for your service LC.

Am I correct that the top ribbon is indicative of something very, extra special (all the ribbons are very special):
      The Bronze Star may be awarded for acts of heroism, acts of merit, or meritorious service in a combat zone.
      I did not serve and, if by off chance I've misidentified the ribbon, my deepest apologies.
      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Ooohra Marine! Congrats LTC and thanks for your service.

Whats next?

And ABT I thinks you be correct.

Comment

Congrats ModelAuzi! Thank you for years of service. Hope this new chapter of your life brings you much happiness and fulfillment.
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Congrats my friend and thank you more than words can say for your service and sacrifice. Semper Fi Marine.
            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Thank you Sir & God bless you.
              Revelation 3:16, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Comment

Thank you for your service, sir. Enjoy life, and remember, you don't have to get up at oh-four-hundred anymore. The grandkids don't get there til ten.

I am curious though. How a decent man like you found your way to a bunch of paste-eaters and window-lickers like us?
                You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Congrats and deepest thanks for your sacrifice to our republic good sir... You should take a vacation, you've certainly earned it...
                  Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Congratulations O-5! May the spirit of the Corps always remain within you. And, thank you for your service.
                    Kessler
                    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
                    INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Thank you for doing that - so that i could enjoy the things i do.

Comment

Originally posted by macandjeeps View Post
                        Thank you for doing that - so that i could enjoy the things i do.
                        Auzi, thank you from me too!!! I agree with what macandjeeps said. Land of the free because of the brave men and women like you. Hang out with us and tell us some of your stories. I'm sure we would all love to hear them.

Take some time and do exactly what you want to do. You really have earned it and so much deserve it.
                        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Our humble thanks for your service.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I'm not sure what I want to be now that I'm all grown up. Yes AmericanBTGoG it is a Bronze Star for meritorious service during combat operations. The guys with the "V" are the real heroes. Love the forum and the whole bunch. Learning a lot and teaching my family. Did lots of cold weather ops as a young enlisted Marine.

Comment

Career men are a special breed. For the record, it's ok to keep getting up early, but I suggest taking over any morning coffee and breakfast duties, that's what kept my dad and father in law out of trouble.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                              X