Going Home on Film.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Home on Film.

We are now officially underway with putting this thing to film. I'm working with a production company on it now, it's not for any particular network or anything yet, but we're moving forward. To do this I will do a crowd source funding deal at some point, we're working on the budget now. Soon as I know what we need I'll start trying to come up with it. The vision right now is a serial, just like the books. We are budgeting two episodes, a pilot and the second. Once they are done we'll start looking for networks.

The production company has a great equipment, awesome cameras and even a drone with a flight ceiling of 5K feet, that's before they have to go out of house for stuff. I'm pretty excited about this and since I'm in the drivers seat I control how it's done, which is the only way I'll do it. I meet with them next week, soon as I do I'll give you guys some more details.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Gunny=linus!!!!!
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Hell Yeah !
      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

About Time! Congrats
        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

In the words of Nancy Pelosi

"You go through the gate. If the gate's closed, you go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we'll pole vault in. If that doesn't work, we'll parachute in. But we're going to get health care reform passed for the American people."

Replace health care reform passed with "Going Home on film"

Now Lets get er done!
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Freaking awesome AA. I can't wait to see this live.

Comment

You going to have a part, AA?

Congrats!
              Kelly

Comment

Great news my friend! When you get to needing a one legged ham radio operator, I know a guy who's willing to audition.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by klc7402 View Post
                  You going to have a part, AA?

Congrats!
                  Kelly
                  The fat guy in the cabin in the swamp that eats everything in site

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what actors play what roles.

Comment

I already suggested a suitable Thad, in another thread, but not sure what his availability is. The hard part will be choosing among the really awesome old soldiers that remain, since Gunny is gone ahead on that next big recon.
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

He's not dead yet!
                        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Thought he had gone on, a while back? Since he's not, he is EVERYBODY'S first choice for Sarge!
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I thought he big guy from The Green Mile would have been perfect for Thad, but I just looked him up and he died in 2012.

Comment

Congrats AA on securing screen time.

Hopefully this will be a "Game of thrones" and allow proper description and not just a "mini-series"

Originally posted by MelissaAnn
                              That's who I always envisioned while reading the books.

I always had my HS buddy Malcolm Marshall envisioned for Thad.

He's a pro body builder and runs a gym here in town called "Showtime physique" and my age (42) so I could see him with young kids

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                              Thought he had gone on, a while back? Since he's not, he is EVERYBODY'S first choice for Sarge!
                              Since he was SO obvious, for some reason my mind couldn't make him that character. I kept envisioning an older Jan-Michael Vincent (airwolf) ...well...I guess he IS older....well...the APPROPRIATE age to be Sarge now (he's now 69)

Comment

Working...
                              X