National EMS Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National EMS Week

It's national EMS week. A time to remember and recognize those in EMS. A lot of people do not realized what EMS members do or go through. Many like Obama, think of EMS as "ambulance drivers" but they are so much more than that. They are the ones holding your hand while they cut you out of the car the drunk driver just hit after running a stop sign. They are the ones taking your dying relative to hospice. They are the ones that will work tirelessly to start your heart after it stops. They are the ones fighting the clock to save your 12 year old son who has wrecked his 4 wheeler. They are the ones who are at their best, when you are at your worst. EMS is not an easy job. We stand on the side of the highways, we lift and move heavy people (think 700lbs and over) a lot. EMS has a 12.7 per 100,000 death rate that is just below the average for police officers. 9% of EMS deaths are from suicide and there is a high rate of PTSD in EMS as they see death every day at work. We have a few members in EMS on the boards. Would like to say thank you to my brothers and sisters in EMS for all you do. I have a request for anyone reading this. If you are out and about, at the grocery store or the gas station and see see an EMS member, just tell them thanks for what they do. You would be surprised how much those few words can mean for that crew, especially if they have had a bad shift.

http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

I didn't re-up my rating, but I know I should. Learnt so much that you don't get in a first aid class, can't say enough in favor of getting whatever level you can handle. Especially nuts like us, who like to live as far out away from others as we can.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thank you Jag. EMS or not, you are a good guy and I am glad to know you. I will hunt up an EMS worker or two this week and thank them.
      I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

I think I'll make up a bunch of cupcakes and take them down to the ambulance garage.

Comment

Working...
        X