Aquaponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquaponics

Dose anyone have a Aquaponics system up and running?

Jeff

Not us, we're on a rented lot, with not enough space, nowhere for a greenhouse, no fence, no way to keep anyone out of it.

Since we don't live on credit, getting the mobile home mortgage paid off is our priority, then we can look at getting somewhere to move it.

Then we will get into hydroponics, rabbits, and a few other things. But it gives us time to study!
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

LH, it is a good question and certainly worthy of a discussion, but I don't think anyone here is doing it. Do you have any experience with aquaponics?

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

No experience. But looking into it. Start up cost is always a problem.

Comment

I have looked into it and there is a youtube guy (mhpgardener) who does hydroponics very, very cheaply and has some diy stuff in his older videos, I believe. I'm sure it's not much more to get into the aquaponics aspect of it.

There is a u-pick veggie stand in Yalaha (blue bayou farms or something like that) that has a little aquaponics setup outside and it is very simple-my 6 yo old loves going there to mess with the fish in the little tub. Maybe check out some diy stuff? Hope this helps.
          Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Working...
          X