Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See Native Americans And See Our Future!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See Native Americans And See Our Future!?

Is this our future?

I have been traveling the country for the last 6 months and one of my stops was SD. I spent about 6 weeks in the Custer, Custer State Park and The Black Hills. At one point, the weather got so bad I ended up spending about 3 weeks in a motel run by Sioux Indians. So I got the opportunity to learn a lot.
    But what this post is about is a brief reflection of the Native American since the white man came and stole their land, decimated their way of life and basically enslaved them. An analogy of what happened to the Indians by govt. and what is happening to us, all of us, NOW.

Stolen Land
    Stolen land and broken promises. The Native Americans lost most of their land and were given reservations in some of the worst, most inhabitable, infertile land throughout the United States.
    I drove through parts of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation on my way to the Badlands. I got myself lost at one point and stopped at a police station for directions. There were bullet holes in their bullet proof glass and the bathrooms hadn't seen a plumber in God only knows how long. The water was running and the floor wet from overflowing. This, in the woman's bathroom. I was grateful for my 4X4 even on their city streets as the ditches and missing concrete were THAT deep.
    I went to Wounded Knee and within minutes of parking my car, I had several cares pull right in beside me with 3-5 Indians in each car. I bought some ear rings and a necklace from a couple of the women. After, one woman stayed behind the rest to talk to me for awhile. She told me her only income was what she could sell the jewelry for, and her govt. assistance. She told me all about her grandkids who don't drink, do drugs, or cuss and how she watches them constantly to keep them out of trouble. She also told me all about their sports and how they excelled. She was so proud of those young high schoolers.
    There are trailers everywhere and about 40 to 50% are completely uninhabitable. They are just left there, to rot, as are the cars. The dogs run free right along the hwy. Tons of them everywhere. The other thing I noticed was the sheer number of horses rather than cattle. That, I assumed is the Indians love of the horse but I couldn't help but think how much more beneficial to have the acres filled with beef cattle. The land is so poor it takes about 40 acres to feed 1 head.

And our property?
    Has now largely been stolen through incrementalism. Govt. tells us exactly what we can and cannot build on the land. Then they tell us exactly how much we will and won't pay in taxes, extortion money through building permits, etc. for the land. They tell us how many units we may put on it, what type of septic and/or sewer. If they want the land, they just take it through eminent domain, blight, confiscation, radical environmentalism.
    I've heard rumor they've even used our National Parks for collateral of our National Debt. I still need to research this.

Healthcare

At the motel where I stayed, TJ was missing all her teeth. She's my age. Govt. dental care. She said almost everyone in her family was toothless because of the Indian dental care was so bad. She also said they had to go to the clinic if they needed medical care.
    So now, the Democrats want to put us all on Nationalized healthcare and make our productive class pay for it all.
    Schools
    The Indians were forced from their homes and into govt. schools so they could be indoctrinated the way the govt. wanted and torn from their families and culture.
    Soul Wound: The Legacy of Native American Schools
    Amnesty International USA monitors and advocates for human rights for everyone— in the United States & abroad. Join the fight for human rights.

Now we have compulsory Nationalized education for our children and if you don't comply, parents will go to jail. Yes, I understand we can home school but .gov still largely controls the message and parents are forced (slavery) to keep mountains of information and documentation to appease the govt.
    All the public schools are 'Collectivist' AND.... ALL of the private schools and universities as well, since they ARE regulated and controlled by the state and MUST include the state approved 'propaganda' and guidelines. The propaganda IS insane but through constant repetition, attacking dissenters, it quickly gets accepted as truth.
    The propaganda is
    *The govt. provides service X.
    *IF, the govt. does not provide service X, then service X will NEVER be provided.
    *Therefore, anyone arguing against the govt. providing service X, is arguing against the necessity or value of service X.
    THIS, is how Collectivism takes over societies.

Gun Confiscation

Here’s what you need to know about gun confiscation
    Treating everybody, in the same way, is very important. There are no people said to me as the topmost place and there is no people sector be at the lowest place.

You think the local, state, feds, and UN are after your guns for the children. Think again. They're after your freedom, wealth, property, sovereignty, resources and very lives.
    This is what happens when you say NO to govt.

One only needs to look at the progressive run (for decades) cities of Detroit, Chicago, LA, and Oakland, Ca. where the man has been replaced by .gov to know that the story below....... Is true.

This is what happens to a conquered people. When they're overwhelmed by force and violence and .gov takes control of their lives in the 'façade' to help.
    These people have lost their heart, soul and pride. Are we next? How much of our heart, soul, and pride is already gone? This is what becomes of a people when they lose their language, culture and borders..... how much of ours is already gone?
    This is what happens when people lose control of their own destiny.

Their attempt to take back control of their own lives.... failed by the force of violence. Too little and way too late. They were over powered.

I know we all make our own way in life, but how does one overcome the despair and bitterness passed down from generation to generation?

I think I would drink myself senseless too.

I'm coming to get you.... AND, I'm bringing my dog!!!

Mogli, when you were here I think we talked about this some. I have been saying for a while now, that what the US Government did to the indians was just an experiment. They have since came alot closer to perfecting their methods.

They took away the indians means of supporting themselves by killing off the buffalo and then they moved them to the reservations. When they did that, they also took away the indians means of hunting and protecting themselves by confiscating their guns. The Massacre at Wounded Knee was nothing more than the US government trying to disarm the American Indians on that reservation. The government was so ashamed of their actions and what they did, in order to keep the story quiet, they awarded more Medals of Honor in that one battle than has ever been awarded for a single battle.

They got the indians moved to centralized locations and then they confiscated their means of hunting and protection. They then told the indians that they need not worry, the government would take care of their needs. This exactly what is happening in the big cities and smaller towns today.

We have government subsidized housing and the government say vote this way and we will take care of all your needs. Uncle Sugar is looking out for all of the poor people by corralling them up in centralized locations and then giving them their food, shelter, clothing, communications, education and every other need, just liike they did with the American Indians 140 years ago. And it is getting to the point that if a person fights against the system, they are gathered up and sent to prison on some sort of charge all because the person wanted to be free and left the hell alone, just like the indians were in the latter half of the 1800's.

History does repeat itself and it is happening everyday in this country.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Mogli thank you for putting into words what has happpened to a once proud people. I too have witnessed what you wrote about in various other reservations across this nation. Most of the American people have absolutley no idea the living conditions of these people. They have a "romantacized" vision of an Indian reservation. If you haven't already, you need to submit this article for publication, to show what can and will happen if we lose our freedoms.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
        Mogli thank you for putting into words what has happpened to a once proud people. I too have witnessed what you wrote about in various other reservations across this nation. Most of the American people have absolutley no idea the living conditions of these people. They have a "romantacized" vision of an Indian reservation. If you haven't already, you need to submit this article for publication, to show what can and will happen if we lose our freedoms.

Thank You and I agree that it should be submitted to show people what is happening to us. History truly repeats itself again and again.

Comment

OK well I do agree with your comments about what happens to people when you become unarmed and live entirely off the government. And I agree it was a terrible injustice to what the government did to the Native Americans. But what I don't understand is why the Hell do they stay there now. I have been thru a few reservation's and can never see why anyone would let their houses fall down around them and dump your garbage ten feet from the door. I can understand them trying to keep their heritage but after a hundred years of living on the government tit I would say. Ok I'm getting out of this shit hole and making my own way in this world. They as a people or an individual have to want to succeed or the next hundred will be the same for them. I don't want to be heartless or crude but I have to say I never killed an Indian or owned a slave and I'm pretty sick of paying for my for fathers mistakes 200 years later. I have said it before . My Irish ancestors didn't have it any easier when they hit here. But they had the desire to do better and did. TFK

Comment

You are correct, tfk. It is not your fault, my fault or anyone else's fault except for themselves anymore. The reason you see it though and the reason they don't pull themselves up by the bootstraps is because they have been so utterly defeated and beat down they have lost all desire to attain anything better and they were stripped of their self respect a long time ago. Up until one or two generations ago, indian children were forced to go off to indian schools where they had their indian heritage and pride literally beat out of them. They were beat if they were caught speaking their native tongue and they were held down and had their hair chopped off.

This is the same thing that happened to the blacks in this country when they were shipped over here to be slaves. You all know that I do not suffer from "White Guilt" and I am not taking up for anyone's self pity, I am merely trying to shed a little light as to the reasons why. After being beaten into submission and forced to renounce your heritage, it is hard to teach your children the pride of their heritage. I have known several indians who learned a trade and got off of the rez. Some of the best welders I have ever known were Navajo who went to the indian welding school in Tuba City, Az.

It is hard for us to understand why the blacks in the projects or the indians on the rez don't get their stuff together and leave, but for many of them, it is all they have ever known. The point of Mogli's original post is that what you see on the different reservations around the country has a very good chance of being the future for a large majority of people in this country. That is what I was getting at in my post above. We see it everyday where TPTB are trying to bully good hard working American people into doing what they want instead of what the people want. Look at the people in Michigan who had their farm raided by jackbooted thugs with automatic weapons because the state didn't like the breed of hogs the farmer was raising. Look at the different towns and cities around the country who won't let people keep a handful of laying hens in the backyard. Hell, look at the towns that have passed ordinances restricting people from growing their own vegetables in their front yards.

You know as well as I do that there is a movement in this country to restrict people from being self sufficient. The government does not like people who are able to do for themselves. People who can do for themselves are able to think for themselves and that is the type of person who demands freedom. People who can do for themselves and demand freedom are not the types who can be bossed around and told what to do. Those people do not make for good subjects.

The point o the above article is not necessarily about the indians so much as it is about all of us. Yeah, there are things in place to help people get out of living in squalor. If you have had your pride and self respect stripped from you several generations ago and you have never had anyone teach you those things and if you have never known anything but living in squalor, you will really never have any desire to rise above that. Things in this country have slowly been moving in the direction of moving all of onto reservations of some sort or another. TPTB do not like free-thinkers or people who can do without the governments help. Don't believe me, just ask the people at Waco or Ruby Ridge. The government is still applying the boot to people's throat, but now they are masking it under the guise of terrorism or for people's own good or safety.

If people do not wake up we will all be on some sort of reservation.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by tfk View Post
              OK well I do agree with your comments about what happens to people when you become unarmed and live entirely off the government. And I agree it was a terrible injustice to what the government did to the Native Americans.
              They're doing the same thing to us now through incrementalism.

But what I don't understand is why the Hell do they stay there now. I have been thru a few reservation's and can never see why anyone would let their houses fall down around them and dump your garbage ten feet from the door. I can understand them trying to keep their heritage but after a hundred years of living on the government tit I would say. Ok I'm getting out of this shit hole and making my own way in this world. They as a people or an individual have to want to succeed or the next hundred will be the same for them.

It's apathy. They grow up in that lifestyle. They are taught they are defeated from their parents and families. It's what they know. It's easy for us all to get stuck in apathy.

I don't want to be heartless or crude but I have to say I never killed an Indian or owned a slave and I'm pretty sick of paying for my for fathers mistakes 200 years later. I have said it before . My Irish ancestors didn't have it any easier when they hit here. But they had the desire to do better and did. TFK

You are not heartless or cold. We should not pay for the mistakes of 200 years ago because we were not involved. The govt uses division and programs like Affirmative Action to make us pay for these things but AA does not make amends for mistakes WE never created. The Indians were destroyed by the GOVT., not the average citizen.

The govt. puts programs like AA into place because it creates division and it also creates a 'privileged' class which is minority groups and women while creating another discriminated class like 'The White Male', who is now the true victim. But the purpose is division. Right out of Mao's play book because as long as the people are divided, and fighting against each other, they will not see the 'real' tyrant which is govt.

But back to apathy. We clearly see the same apathy in the ghettos of Detroit, Chicago, LA, and Oakland, Ca. where black women have replaced the father in the home with big govt. So women have just traded masters in the guise of 'equality'.

We see the same apathy in 3rd and 4th generation welfare mothers. A dependent class is an easy to control people. THAT is why govt. wants them dependent.

Entitlement kills the spirit and becomes the crutch. As humans we need to have goals that we can achieve. This is vital for our mental and emotional health. It is how we're wired. When one is spoon fed, they lose that thirst to achieve.

Don't be too hard on the Native Americans. We are all in bondage today in one form or another. Just a quick example would be our jobs that now have 'benefits' tied to them. Union jobs requiring that one be 'vested'. So once one become vested, it is much harder to let go of that job. Or Social Security. We're are all dependent on the current system in one way or another and we are all falling into apathy.
              Last edited by Mogli; 05-07-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

What a great thread! I have many, many thoughts on this but to get into them would be repeating pretty much everything already posted. I do agree we are seeing the coming of the 'same old cavalry'.

The whole Native thing is important to me-I have a heavy amt of native ancestry as does my husband. I don't want to hijack the thread with personal stories as I think this is a broader topic.
                Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmom View Post
                  What a great thread! I have many, many thoughts on this but to get into them would be repeating pretty much everything already posted. I do agree we are seeing the coming of the 'same old cavalry'.

The whole Native thing is important to me-I have a heavy amt of native ancestry as does my husband. I don't want to hijack the thread with personal stories as I think this is a broader topic.
                  Southernmom, I do not consider your stories hijacking the thread. I would love to hear your stories and this can still be a 'broader' topic.
                  Last edited by Mogli; 05-07-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Basically it's just a lot of reiterating what you are saying-all my native ancestry stems from people who avoided the rez, who hid in the everglades and ran from GA and from the Trail of tears and hid either in the back woods or married 'white' and sort of integrated. My gg grandmother was full Creek/Seminole and married a baptist minister and had 13 children at home. She was particular about being secretive and had many 'odd' ways about her and still spoke her language.

My grandmother's father and his brother helped keep many, many Seminoles alive along the Tamiami trail. You might find all sorts of old postcards of the seminoles selling their stuff in the early 1900's along the Tamiami and think 'how quaint' but it wasn't. They were driven there and refused any food-even the gov wouldn't give them handouts or allow them to work. They were literally left to die along the road. My g grandfather and uncle hunted and took many families food-almost got in trouble for it. I am about convinced they were native as well because there is NO history in the paternal line in that family (and I am a good genealogist-I have searched for years). They were not religious at all, referred to God as 'the old master' and were a peculiar bunch and could hunt or grow anything. My g grandfather was adamant to stay away from gov, never trust them or take anything offered freely by them. He produced most all of his food. He even knew the day of his own death and died in the woods peacefully. He was a character and I have oodles of stories about him that are peculiar.

My mother's family has a lot of native and they intermarried white as much as possible but my mother looked so Indian that she was never allowed to wear pigtails or the color red-her grandmother was afraid she would be considered Indian and would lose her. She looks very native. So did my father. I got the german Irish coloring.
                    So my anticlimactic story is that all the native blood in my family pretty much stayed out of the way and hid in the woods and married white as they could. The strange thing is that they all pushed the same idea-stay away from those in power, don't be afraid to fight and take care of yourself, because no one else will.
                    Frankenrigger is very native and even though people have asked him for years what he 'is' he never knew till I worked up his genealogy. Irish and Indian with a father who was German/Indian. His grandparents were all Kentucky/West Virginia and they stayed mountain folk until the 1950's. Again, they just stayed in the woods til the attitude changed enough. There was a lot of shame about it even to his mother until she kind of made peace with it a few years ago.
                    There is still such a stigma in my family-when I bring up stuff about the Indian gma who just about raised my grandmother, she hated admitting she was indian, it's not been until she started slipping that she's talking and telling more stories. My mom's mom never told a soul and I discovered it in all her genealogy stuff when I inherited. It was just never admitted and for years my mother thought she was adopted or something similar because she was so dark and her mother very German. (her father left before she was born) They were just afraid of having her labelled Indian.
                    I don't like telling people about my heritage because even though I have the facial structure and dental structure (there are actually ways you can tell by your teeth if you are descended Indian) and internal 'workings' of an Indian, and some raising that made it's way down the line to me that echoes older ways, I just can't say it because I never lived on the rez, I never suffered the way my native ancestors did, so I don't feel I have the right to say I am Native-also it's hard when I am auburn haired and freckled. People would think I am from the 'wannabe tribe'. In that way I get pretty pissed because I feel a strong part of my heritage was stolen from me. So much was lost. My brother is known as the 'White Indian' because he looks textbook indian but has blonde-ish hair and blue eyes.

And I do fear so much of the American way of life will be lost in the same way that Mogli has illustrated. If it continues on, will our gggrandchildren be talking about the 'Patriot in the family tree' quietly the way my family did about the Indians? I don't know.
                    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

I've often said that of those that claim they got a raw deal, the Indians are the only ones with a legit claim. I know salves were brought here against their will and the white man is blamed for it, but they sold one another into slavery. No white man went to Africa and chased them down. It was tribe on tribe warfare that created the salve trade. The native tribes though were taken against their will. I wish I knew a tenth of what those people have lost. I've spent a lot time trying to learn old Cherokee and Seminole ways but it's hard to find much. Being from Florida I figured anything I could learn from them would be pretty handy.

But Mogli is right. Everyday the noose gets a little tighter around our necks. But what can you do? Until the day that the critical mass is achieved and more stand up and say enough than stand for the system there is nothing we can do. The recent past is littered with examples of what happens to the individual when they try. Through division, so perfectly played by TPTB we will not come to the aid of the individual when they are threatened. Maybe some day it will happen, maybe some day the oligarchy will push just a little too far or pick the wrong individual and the critical mass will be achieved. But on that day, when enough have had enough, every individual will have to make peace with themselves. For on that day, when the decision is made to take that bull by the horns it's an all or nothing proposition. There will be no half measures.

Von Clausewitz said it best, and I'm paraphrasing, you've got to make it hurt so bad that they never entertain the thought to attempt such action again.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

But there is something we can do. We can prepare ourselves and our families but also, we need to awaken our people. Plant little seeds of truth in those we're around. Not pound it into them because they will stop listening. Not that we believe we're going to war and have had a coup, which I surely do believe but those around us will think us crazy.

So just little seeds of truth and then hope they'll take root. Like 'Both parties are the same'. If we look at the last 50 or more years we clearly see regardless of which party is in power the results of war mongering, more debt, dependence and oppression remain the same. The parties work through different 'means' but seek the same 'ends'. The only purpose for the two party system at this point is division.

The other little truth I like to point out is that all mainstream media is propaganda for the sole purpose of keeping us angry at the other party so we don't see the truth within our own.

The Conservative media clearly shows the Communism, Marxism and Socilaism of the liberal media while all the time hiding the Fascism of the GOP.

The Liberal media clearly shows the Fascism of the GOP while all the time hiding the Communism, Marxism and Socialism of themselves.

So 'We The People' get some of the truth, some of the time. But never 'THE WHOLE TRUTH'. This is how they keep us occupied and angry at 'the other guy', when the truth is, it is all of us.

We must wake our fellow citizens to these facts if we have any hope of winning the war and restoring the Republic. Because one thing we know without a doubt and that is, tptb are working tirelessly through many means to keep the people asleep.

Plant seeds wherever you go and eventually.... WE WILL change the landscape.

Comment

Working...
                        X