Michigan folks need to throw a fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan folks need to throw a fit

My mother-in-law, michigan resident raising goats, sent this link.
    I'm amazed folks get away with this sort of crap

Michigan Farmers lose the right to farm
    Not Dead in the Heart of Dixie - Kapper Hill Compound Series, Book I
    Author Website

I saw an article about that lastweek. This crap will be going on with more and more regularity as time goes on. This is some more of Agenda 21. They do not want people to be self-sufficient, or have the means to take care of themselves. Situations like this will almost always be cloaked under the guise of it being "for the greater good" and the sheep will go along with it. most of these dumb bastards are too stupid to know what is or isnt good for them and they are too damn lazy to find out, so they just listen and do as they are told.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

That's why we just quietly go about our preppin !
      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Sic Uncle Ted on em !!!
        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Originally posted by roach2654 View Post
          Sic Uncle Ted on em !!!
          Unfortunately Uncle Ted moved to Texas , the smart bastard lol .

Comment

This is why I don't get all super excited when they pass laws like "the right to farm/hunt/ect." when they say things like "people have the right to farm/hunt/ect. as prescribed by the following regulations". If it's a right, it's a right, rights can't be controlled by regulations that are updated every year. Also pay attention when they label laws with such names, because according to the Michigan website the laws does in no way create a right to farm.
            lofflorida.com

Comment

I believe the law was to protect the farmer from city urbanites that move out and then complain about the smell and such . But now you have an unelected commission grabbing for power .

Comment

Well, isn't that just 50 shades of F-ed up! Stupid laws. That's as dumb as it's illegal to collect rainwater in FL. Idiot politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Valliam13 View Post
                  Well, isn't that just 50 shades of F-ed up! Stupid laws. That's as dumb as it's illegal to collect rainwater in FL. Idiot politicians!
                  Yes, it's perfectly fine when corporations want to collect rainwater, spring water, mountain stream runoff, if they pay their impact fees, then they can go about their million dollar industry making a huge impact on the watershed, and environment. But, let a few families collect a few gallons, and laws need to be made to stop it.
                  I guess they think we will start drinking it and become so healthy that we will stop drinking the chlorinated, fluoride concoction the city spent so much money on, or that we will no longer patronize the water bottle industry that is ruining the planet.
                  Telling people that rainwater isn't safe to drink when it is actually the softest, most distilled form of water. So many lies! So much greed!

[Breathe in and out, nice and slow, again].

Some people just need to be taken out back!

Comment

We had similar ordinances when we lived in the suburbs. And while I enjoy having rights, and options, I'm can't say I straight up disagree with this. Though if you can't keep animals due to noise, and feces, it makes sense to ban cats, and dogs kept as pets, and round up all the vermin and deposit them elsewhere. And, I do very much understand the underlying reasons lawmakers have for employing this guise.

I've read somewhere that in ancient times, the farmers lived on the outskirts of the cities and were responsible for growing the crops and raising livestock that supplied the people within the closer confines of the township. It is still like this in many ways. Also, it makes sense for a few reasons: smell, bacteria, parasites, and illness that comes from animals, and also limited space in the city.

With today's trends, you find crafty balcony gardeners, more power to them, not knocking it. I really don't see why chickens are only domesticated. I think they should be running around everywhere, (like they do in Key West, and in many other countries)... just like all other birds do~~~!!!! I've actually witnessed a few goats being kept in the suburbs in a very small pen, on a very small yard, and while it can be done, and they looked pretty clean, it just didn't seem right to have them so closely confined. In my mind, and this is just my opinion, if that is the lifestyle you choose, then you should choose to live rurally and purchase land.

Comment

Working...
                    X