Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Alabama

Howdy Ya'll,
    I made my way here after learning of this forum from AA.
    Nice setup ya got going on!
    Hubby and I live in North Alabama. We have two daughters and one granddaughter.
    He spends his time working for a major telecommunications company, and I spend my time raising dairy goats, prepping, and writing.
    Can't wait to learn from you all!
    RobinKay (aka littlegoatlady)
    Not Dead in the Heart of Dixie - Kapper Hill Compound Series, Book I
    Author Website

Welcome from PA . TFK

Comment

Hello, how long has your family been in Alabama? Any folks around Fayette County?

Leading questions, I know. Where Alabama, Ireland, or Scotland are in the mix, it's safe to take a wild guess we might be related.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome Robin from Missouri! Looking forward to getting to know you.
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I was born and raised here. Then, I spent 17 years as a military wife before hubby retired from the Navy and we moved back home. We've been back about 15 years. One of my daughters is a Connecticut Yankee and the other's a Southern Belle
          I probably have folks all over Alabama. My family has been here for at least 7 generations
          Author Website

Comment

Hey Robin, What timing you have. I'm Gena.KY...I followed your crazy zombie story on SB & just got your pm about a signed book for me. This is where I hang out most of the time. I like these people on here. I will vouch for your writing on here. I hate zombies and anything to do with them but loved your story. If you can write a story on zombies and get me to read it, you are doing good. Yours is the first that I have ever been interested in. Loved the story and the characters. Step on in & don't be shy. Ask us something or tell us something. Welcome to the site. Hope to see more of you on here. I like the way you think. Her story is not just about zombies, a virus turned most everyone crazy and Robin and her family are trying to survive in this new world. A very interesting read. Good ideas in it also.

Put a link to your book on here. I think some of our members will be into it.

I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome to the board, Robin. I am looking forward to some goat discussions. Check out our farm and ranch section.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I can already see I'm gonna love this forum! Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Gena, I don't have a clue where to link the book. I'll look into it, but I don't wanna break any rules. AA posted the link on his facebook page, and for that, I'm truly grateful.
                It's a lot different from the Home series, written from a female perspective in diary format.
                Some folks may not like it. Fair warning... there's not a lot of gear description and instruction. It's basically a diary, and only what the writer knows can be told. So far, it's doing well on Amazon. Its 696 pages and the bulk of it surprised me when I got my copies. It's a 2.5 pound chunk. I had a lot of fun with it and I'm working on book II. Anyone interested can check out my site at www.lglbroadcasting.com

Tex, I've been raising dairy goats for 9 years. I'll do my best to help in anyway I can. I posted a silly little article on the Farm and Ranching section. Maybe it'll provide a little info.
                Thanks again!
                Author Website

Comment

Nice to meet you, cousin.

Comment

Ha! I downloaded your book after AA posted it. (We do whatever he says! lol) Now I got to get a hard copy and get a signed copy! It's next on my reading list!
                    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome to the board .
                      this is a good place to learn.
                      Good smrt people .
                      sometimes there is book 8)
                      DD
                      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Hi Robin, Welcome to the party from southern New Mexico. We look forward to visiting with you.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome..
                          Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Good to see you got in all right. Don't worry about the folks here, nothing like SB. Just don't take any pictures from them and you'll be alright.
                            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinKay View Post
                              I was born and raised here. Then, I spent 17 years as a military wife before hubby retired from the Navy and we moved back home. We've been back about 15 years. One of my daughters is a Connecticut Yankee and the other's a Southern Belle
                              I probably have folks all over Alabama. My family has been here for at least 7 generations
                              Cool, I actually haven't spent much time there, the joke amongst us being that our parents must have been the last two people in the state that weren't too closely related (though both are related to some of the same people, in convoluted ways outsiders would never bother to keep track of.)

We also tease them about moving around with the military so their kids could find mates we weren't related to.

Comment

Working...
                              X