Self Reliance Expo, Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Reliance Expo, Dallas

Made it over to the Self Reliance Expo in Dallas today, great event, Nich & I got to meet and chat with the man himself, AA, along with Unseenone & Rockntoy.
    I haven't dared to find out how much Nich spent today... but we came hope with a whole bunch of free books thanks to AA.
    AA's 45 minutes on stage was on topic and very informative. The one thing that was not a surprise was how well we all got along together....even after we sort of lead AA along for a short while before we introduced ourselves as PF & Nich......the look on his face was priceless.....

Next Self Reliance Expo is Houston in September.

Ooh, that's a much shorter drive ... and even though we dislike Houston intensely (worst traffic idiots I have ever seen,) I think I'd even make it if I were ill.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

PF

We need to hear more about your intro to AA.

Comment

Well, I must have signed up with FB when I originally came on here because my login is my name instead of my usual handle. Whatever I guess. It was great to meet all of you guys this weekend and a good time to boot. Our groups of friends will be handing out the books and spreading the word of the importance of being better prepared for the world around us.

Thank you all for the great time you showed us.

Gary

Comment

Had a good time at the Expo. Met with Private Frazer and his wife Nich, the great Unseenone, AA's wife and kids and one other oh ya AA. Great to meet with everyone and had the wife with me on this one and she told me it was a really good time. Met with some others there and it was truly a laid back fun time. Learned a little and made a little longer wish list. AA did his speach and he really did a good job. Might see some politiken in his future. LOL Was good to see everyone and hope to do it again.
          Later
          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Hi Gsouth, I'm not too far from you, barely north of Austin.

We should round up central Texas folks for some bbq in Lockhart or somewhere one day.

Comment

Possibly so, Lockhart is known for some nice cook-off's. I went to one there last year in fact. It was a good time.

Comment

I had a great time, getting to put faces to names is always good. I was glad Rock made it down, we already met in okc, but was glad he showed. Meeting PF and Nich was very cool, two great people. If course we had the other gaggle as well, you guys were a hoot.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Even the day-to-day bbq dining places there are pretty famous.

Maybe some time in July, after the 4th, but before the August highs roll in.

Comment

Ha ha ha, like there is ever a time that it's not hot in a month other than Dec-Mar. And of course Kyle has to fall out for Doc Bones and Nurse Amy to work on in front of the crowd. I think he just wanted to be a show off.

It looks like a fare amount of us will be down in Houston as well. Kyle already checked our schedule and said we all have that Saturday off, so we will probably come down there too.

Comment

Well, Nich and I casually walk by AA table and almost past him before I took a fake interest in the books on display. From memory, AA asked if we had read any of his books, so I replied, sorry....can't tell you. AA looked a bit pissed, so I stood my ground for moment, then we introduced ourselves.
                      Like I said, we got quite a reaction....
                      Originally posted by AD View Post
                      PF

We need to hear more about your intro to AA.

Comment

Yes we should, suggest a casual meeting at a local BBQ joint sometime soon.
                        Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                        Hi Gsouth, I'm not too far from you, barely north of Austin.

We should round up central Texas folks for some bbq in Lockhart or somewhere one day.

Comment

How local does it need to be? Anyone young headed from College Station is likely to be a broke college kid. Y'all are a bit far out too, and I really know the areas south or west of here better than east or north.

And to be fair, we should move discussion to the regional section.

Comment

Working...
                          X