Big quake soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big quake soon?

Yellowstone had a 4.8 quake, California had several in the last few days. There are stories of wildlife moving out of the Yellowstone area, is a big one on its way? While we can't predict these things it's interesting to see all these little things happening at the same time. I thought the wildlife angle ingesting, while it is winter with lots of snow on the ground and they could simply be moving for forage, wildlife generally did have a sense about these things.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Interesting, AA. Do you have any links that go along with that. Being up here close to Yellowstone, I would like to read more about what is going on.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Crap..anyone else thinking "Deep Winter" by Thomas Sherry?
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw California and New York forever. We begin quaking in five minutes.

lol.giflmao.gif

But yeah, the next one will be pretty bad:

sleeping-volcano.jpg

Good news, Florida will be a great place to stay (until about 40 million others crowd the state trying to survive.)
        You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
        Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

I've been sorta following the yellowstone thing and it sounds like it could get very explosive before long. With all the quakes we are having here and the way kalifornia are getting bigger,could add up to a big boom.
          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

If Yellowstone blows, who wants to go with the Native and I to watch the show? We're all going to die anyway, so I plan on going out watching the Greatest Show on Earth.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Unseen, it was made by the University of Wisconsin based on USGS information. The explosion pattern looks bad, but with people involved it will only get worse.
              You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
              Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Save a seat in the truck for me, Tex!

Comment

Is this where the phrase"Trust me, I work for the Government and there is no problem here" comes from.
                  If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Yes Soon. Just happened in Chile.

Comment

8.2 off the coast of Chili. More to come

Comment

Just heard about it on the news, but I heard it hear first!
                        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Here is a video put out by the National Park Service.

Should you worry about earthquakes near North America's largest volcano? Are animals fleeing the park? Public Affairs Chief Al Nash sets the record straight ...

Lots of good videos about Yellowstone.
                          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

And after the feel good Yellowstone video, this guy is not so optimistic.

New Earthquake update here (April 15, 2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYBto1SF6kQ_____Original post here:Full website post with multiple links and scr...
                            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Didn't know Oklahoma had a small one.

Hmmmm................

Comment

Working...
                              X