Big data collection for Farmers article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big data collection for Farmers article

This is just nuts. Maybe I am delusional but I kind of like what Joel Salatin said about food production: that there isn't a food shortage, there is a distribution problem. So why collect even more data about who grows what and why? I know, I know, people say it's to get the most out of farming to feed more people, but I am skeptical. Just more opportunities to control food and by extension, all of us.

Farmers from across the nation gathered in Washington this month for what has become an annual trek to seek action on the most important matters in American agriculture, such as immigration reform and water regulations.

'The increasingly common sensors measure soil conditions, seeding rates, crop yields and many other variables, allowing companies to provide farmers with customized guidance on how to get the most out of their fields.

The involvement of the American Farm Bureau, the nation's largest and most prominent farming organization, illustrates how agriculture is cautiously entering a new era in which raw planting data holds both the promise of higher yields and the peril that the information could be hacked or exploited by corporations or government agencies.'
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Agreed. Buy your chickens in cash, don't get the AG exemption, and don't leave a papertrail if possible for feed and supplies. Some dick some where is reading some list.

Maybe it's Pat?
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

O signed an executive order a couple of years ago giving the government the authority needed to commandeer any and all food resources they deem necessary in the event of a crisis. That is one reason why they are wanting everything tagged so they can track it.

We do not take part in any government programs and have never applied for any type of disaster relief, so when the USDA farm and ranch census papers come they go straight into the round file. It is none of the governments business what we have. This is ours and regardless of what the dumbass thinks, we did it without his or anyone else's help.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
      X