Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't count on any help when SHTF

Just Sayin,

Was at home on Feb 07 09, (our summer) was inside because it was 40+ c = 104F , smelled smoke so went out for a look to see a looming bushfire,
    no warning, no sirens , I took these pictures from our backyard in Healesville, I've not posted the images anywhere before, I thought they would serve more of a purpose here. Ive got my caravan parked up in the same backyard now and another fire a few days ago prompted me to revisit thoughts of 'Black Saturday" 173 people died in the fires. 2030 houses destroyed. 2 entire towns were all but destroyed.
    We had 6 foot long burning strips of bark falling from a fire super cell and had to stay vigilant for 3 nights protecting our house from ember attack.

f1.jpg f3.jpg f5.jpg f6.jpg f7.jpg f8.jpg
    f9.jpg f10.jpg f11.jpg

Local fire brigades were totally overwhelmed
    The first fire bomber did not arrive until 24 hours later, also taken from back yard.

f12.jpg

Following pictures taken around town , fire still burning 4 days later.

f13.jpg f14.jpg f15.jpg

many deaths were a result of people trying to flee in cars and running off the road due to nil visibility in smoke

f16.jpg f17.jpg

I know you guys have similar with Tornados & such, but just reminder, always be prepared & don't count on anyone else for help.

nice landcrusier what year is it ? Haven't seen one like that in that good of shape in a long time.

Comment

It's a moot point that COG (Continuity Of Government) takes priority over the sheeple. Even the most benevolent will say "screw this, I've got my wife and kids to protect!"
      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Bush, I'm glad to see you didn't take any damage from the fire.
        Reminds me of the time on the 4th of July at my grandparent's. We were shooting off fireworks, and one of them went stray into a neighbor's pasture and set off a fire. Thankfully we got it put out ASAP. Don't rely on others.

Comment

Originally posted by airdrop View Post
          nice landcrusier what year is it ? Haven't seen one like that in that good of shape in a long time.
          Thanks , thats my 1978 BJ40 , 4 cylinder diesel . I saw it on the side of the road with a $1800 price tag, and sagging in the bum, looked it over it to find the engine in pieces in the back, , I offered the guy $800 cash and he said yes , I nearly fell over, instantly organised a tow before he changed his mind. I'll do a bit in the 4x4 section and explain a bit about it. I know these things bring mega$$ in USA .

Comment

GB, plenty of states here get huge fires, destroying people and property. It doesn't make the international news unless it's some place more people would have heard of - like right outside of Dallas, or the popular ski slopes in Colorado.

"Help" is like "police protection" - tends to show up after you don't need it any more, and gets pissed if you come right out and say so.
            Last edited by W.Lynn; 04-20-2014, 10:22 AM.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Too true, I don't watch TV any more but the only time I used to see news on US fires was if they were close to Hollywood.

when we road tripped USA we drove into Greybull Wyoming, I could not believe my eyes when I saw all those old fire air tankers, Converted B-25 and B24's , not to mention Neptunes and others. I was like a kid in a lolly shop. but bought home how fire prone most of USA is too , loved the film "Always" .
              y'all going to Wyoming , I highly recommend a route thru Greybull. Check out the airport on Google Earth, love stuff like this that we discover and is not a tourist trap.

Comment

My neighborhood September, 2011. My place is just to the right of the main power line row on the right. There is nothing quite like the sound of exploding cars due to fire. We lost 19 houses that weekend, luckily mine was not one of them.

2011-09-04 19.37.53.jpg
                Last edited by unseenone; 04-20-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Un, the smoke was burning our eyes all the way up here near Jonah.
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

We have wild fires every summer around here. Not uncommon for 20 or more houses to go up in flames. Then you get to hear on TV how bad it is and they don't have any house insurance. Around here between the fires, floods, high winds, tornadoes and ice storms, it is stupid not to have insurance of some kind. I know not everyone can afford insurance but you take that chance if you don't have it.
                    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

A friend of mine in 1968 had a 66 model with the straight 6 made on the old chevy 6 copied by the Japanese . Later on he but in a 350 chevy engine . Now with the 6 it had good balance for going thru sand an all but it had one down fall the little heater in the darn thing would freeze you so it was full winter dress to survive a trip in winter LOL. Your lucky to have got it , I see one once in awhile . They were built like little tanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X