Please support ALL American Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please support ALL American Companies

Please post information about all American companies and products. Not every company will always have 100% American made products, but let's do our best to stick to American made products as we can.

I will kick it off with this amazing company who provides all sorts of outdoor gear with a lifetime warranty. I encourage everyone to support American companies and American jobs.

Filson - rugged quality for over 100 years

Born in 1850, C. C. Filson inherited his father's pioneer spirit and love of the outdoors. After homesteading in Nebraska and roaming the country as a railroad conductor, he moved to the small city of Seattle, Washington in the 1890s.

Filson's timing couldn't have been better. By 1897, the Great Klondike Gold Rush was on, and thousands of fortune hunters were stampeding into Seattle, headed north. Armed with a strong work ethic, a reputation for honesty and several years' experience operating a small loggers' outfitting store, C. C. Filson was ready to stake his claim to fame. Here is what he had to say in our 1914 catalog:

"To our customers: if a man is going North, he should come to us for his outfit, because we have obtained our ideas of what is best to wear in that country from the experience of the man from the North -- not merely one -- but hundreds of them. Our materials are the very best obtainable, for we know that the best is none too good and that quality is of vital importance. You can depend absolutely upon our goods both as to material and workmanship.”
    The Gold Rush Years: 1897-1899

In 1897, Filson opened C.C. Filson's Pioneer Alaska Clothing and Blanket Manufacturers, specializing in goods to outfit the stampeders to the Klondike Gold Rush.

Stories of harrowing experiences in the Yukon were widely reported. The diary of Hume Nisbet, 1897 painted this picture: "Try to recall your sensations on the coldest night you have ever known: try to intensify the most bitter ice blast that has ever pierced your marrow by a thousandfold; even then you will not be able to realize spring in the Chilkoot Canyon, far less midwinter on the Klondike."

It was for these rugged conditions that Filson designed his goods. He owned his own mill and manufactured Mackinaw Wool clothing and blankets, knit goods, as well as selling boots, shoes, moccasins and sleeping bags specially designed for the frigid North. Filson kept in close contact with his customers, improving his goods to meet their specific needs. The stampeders depended on Filson. In that era, clothing wasn't a matter of choice, but of survival.

Tough, comfortable outdoor clothing for hunters and anglers, engineers and explorers, mariners and miners

The Gold Rush faded into history, but Filson kept listening to his customers, and outdoorsmen kept coming to Filson for rugged clothes. Drawing from his past experience outfitting loggers, he soon added clothing for the timber industry, including the Filson Cruiser, the garment that was to earn Filson a place in history. Designed and named by C.C. Filson, and patented on March 3, 1914, U.S. Patent #1088891, the Cruiser Shirt continues to influence Filson's best selling items.
    Worldwide reputation for honesty, quality and durability

Filson continued to make his goods from the best materials obtainable, and guaranteed every piece of merchandise. If he didn't stock an item a customer needed, he custom-made it for him. Filson's name became synonymous with reliability, satisfaction and honest values. By the 1960s, Filson’s reputation as the premier outfitter for outdoorsmen had spread around the globe. In addition to being stocked by retailers of quality outdoor wear, Filson garments were being ordered by mail from places as far away as Greenland.

"The goods we quote must not be confounded with the cheap and vastly inferior grade with which the market is over-run. Such goods are not only useless for the purpose for which they are intended, but the person wearing them would be better off without them."

-- Clinton C. Filson, 1914 catalog
    What worked then, still works now

Over the years, Filson's philosophy has never changed: Make sure it's the absolute best. Clinton Filson spent a lot of time talking to his customers and refining his designs to their specifications. So it's not surprising that the items that worked then still work today, over 100 years later. Comfort, protection and durability never go out of style.

Committed to Our Customers

Visit our customer care center, or call 1-866-860-8906 for custom hemming, returns, customer service or sales.

Made in the USA

Always committed to producing the best products, Filson now has more Made in USA products than ever.

C.C. Filson
    More Ways to Shop Filson

Sign up to receive a free catalog, shop the digital catalog, or download our free iPad app.

Connect With Filson

Last edited by unseenone; 03-22-2014, 08:37 PM.

http://www.duluthtrading: usa-made/american-made

Plus, they have one of the greatest product ideas and name:
    Men's Ballroom Jeans.

Clothing, work items, some self-sufficiency related stuff.

Un, not sure if this meets your criteria, as it doesn't seem that all their goods are USA made (see the note at the bottom of the Ballroom Jeans page).
    Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 03-22-2014, 01:39 PM.
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

While they do come to mind, mainly the marketing program is made in the USA, the jeans I got were actually made in Indonesia, and the fire hose pants were made in China. I do recommend the company because they offer heavy denim jeans. I have a pair that has lasted over a year, with no visible wear, fading or threading. I'm gonna allow it, but remind them if you order your products, we prefer to have our stuff sewn in the Americas at least.

Comment

I buy wrangler jeans,why they had a plant in Alabama,that was destroyed along with the town of 2-3 hundred people which appx 40-50 where killed by f-5 tornado. Wrangler debated about rebuildingthey have rebuild the plant and put these people back to work and working to rebuild the town.
        Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

That's great for Wrangler, and the Town. If they offered upgraded materials, so they lasted better, it would be great. I've got a closet full, but all the knees have holes in them and they bottoms are frayed. They should take a page out of Duluth's book. I also like the size options the Duluth has.

Comment

How about this one?

Welcome to the Musictoday Superstore! Shop online for your favorite music, merchandise, apparel, and accessories from 100s of popular bands, singers & artists.

I think a lot of single Mom's are employed to do the sewing of the denim. The denim comes from the original Levi mills. Levi's is made out of country now.
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

They are proud of their prices. Little steep for my budjet. Wish I could afford them.
              If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockntoy View Post
                They are proud of their prices. Little steep for my budjet. Wish I could afford them.
                I know. I think it is an expensive process to begin with. Maybe if they grow prices will drop. If you buy a pair of jeans you better not change sizes!
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

After Unseenone started this thread earlier today I had to go and look at a shirt I bought recently. Every year I try to buy another piece of wool clothing. I put off buying a new Filson Double Mackinaw coat right before Christmas but I did buy a new CC Filson shirt. The new coat will happen when we go back to Casper.

Anyhow, when I got home with the new shirt I noticed that it was made in Morroco and not the US. Eventhough it is a Filson, I was still a little disgusted. Another of my favorite brands of clothing is Pendleton. If I don't buy something from Filson every year, I buy something from Pendleton. They had some really nice sweaters at the store the day I was looking at the Filson stuff, but I noticed they were al made in India or someplace like that. Not all of their stuff is made overseas, but it isn't all made here anymore and that ticks me off.

Being an American Rancher as well as an American Craftsman in the welding industry, I am a firm believer in buying American. Because I trust the quality and pride that goes into an All-American product, I have no problem paying extra for a good quality item. I take alot of pride in buying American made stuff, but it is getting harder and harder to find. Hell, even Carhart is having stuff made in other countries. It is a damn shame that we have tax laws and leadership that is making it hard for American company to sell an American product.

Un, if this is going to derail your thread, go ahead and move it or delete it.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

This thread reminds me of when a few years back I went to a Ford Tractor Dealer to buy two rear tires for an old 8N I had. The price was $100 and change each which was a good price and after I had them mounted and was putting them on the tractor, I noticed that they had "Made in the USSR" imprinted on both. Now, imagine tractor tires, they are big and heavy, made in USSR, shipped to a port in the US, transported to a warehouse somewhere, then transported to this Ford Tractor dealer, and sold to me for about $125 each! If all middle men made some money on these tires, I wonder what they cost coming out of the tire factory in the USSR? Can't the US make tractor tires for an old 8N? I can only "assume" that if they were made in the US, the price I would have to pay might be closer to $500 each or maybe even more.

Sure I would rather buy "Made in the USA", and would have IF I had checked and they were available AND if the price was comparable.

On another note, I love canned Mandarin Oranges. I read somewhere they all come from China and about the sanitary issues in China, now I don't buy them. Yes, I read the labels on the ones available in my local grocery.

Something else that really burns my azz is seeing OLD GLORY flags made in China!!
                    Last edited by Kessler; 03-23-2014, 09:49 AM.
                    Kessler
                    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
                    INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Here's a kick in the face, balls, pancreas and ass all at the same time:

made in USChina.jpg

I found this set of work gloves in a bin at the 192 West Gate Flea Market in their Chinese "darrah stohr" next to a US flag that said made in made in PRC. I didn't take a picture of that for it would make my camera, a staunch conservative, seize up and die on me.
                      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

There are sites which provide links to USA made products:

Shop 90,000+ US-made items now available on MadeInUSA.com.

MadeinUSAForever Shop 100% Made in USA products. Online store for American Made men's women's kids' clothing, Texas jeans, shoes, gloves, hats, belts, bags, patriotic gifts, flags, tools, kitchen item, 360 cookware, water bottle, homeware, beddings, 1888 mills towel, food, American tuna, toy, pet food, health products.

I bought a gas grill a couple summers ago; it took a while to find a company that makes them in the US and I paid quite the premium for it, but it was worth it.

Kelly

Comment

Bought a New John Deere a couple of years ago a utility size . I wanted the New JD engine but to get one I had to jump up to a 42 HP. All the 30 +HP are Jappy engines. They build them in their USA plant but a lot of Jappy parts. I was a big Chevy, Ford, Jeep, guy But I don't care what you drive anymore Their all made of Jappy parts now so what's the difference . I Got a Jeep in the garage Drive a Ford Pick up But bought my wife a Nissan Murano a year ago and its the best built car I own. What I'm getting at besides Henry rifles and the coal we dig can you truly buy anything that is pure American made ? Don't get me wrong I try. But I'll be honest I'm not going to pay double for something at the local country store when I can drive 20 miles to Chinamart and get the same thing for half price.

Comment

I have a thing, obsession really, for expensive sheets. I want to climb into bed and feel like I am wrapped up in a cloud. Anyhow, I searched high and low on the internet for sheets made in the USA and found Veratex, a company in California. They make sheets out of imported Egyptian cotton (at least they are made in the US.) I bought a set and they are high quality and seem to be woven out of the hair of angels. They don't retail themselves, but you can find their line Grand Luxe on overstock. http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bat.../4549/cat.html

Comment

Ya really have to watch the dog treats. Most are made in China and those little sneaky bastards are not to be trusted. I used to buy treats called "Waggin' Train" sounds American but the small print on the back says China. They pulled them off of the shelves a while back and I noticed they are back in the stores.
                              Another things that pisses me off is Green Giant brand veggies. I remember when I was a kid seeing those commercials and lovin the big green man. Now he has slanted eyes and cannot be trusted. He is a Chinaman now. Sick!! Birdseye is made in the US. I bought some frozen carrots the other day that said made in Mexico. I trust Mexico. Yes, I do!

Just because you think it is made in the US...does not mean it is. They put names on the packages like "Waggin' Train" to make us think it is made here. Always read the label.
                              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Working...
                              X