Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to All from Walton County Georgia

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, this being my first visit after registering. I am also a fairly new prepper. I've been reading on the subject for more than a year, but only just recently starting making my own personal preparations. While I'm not an alarmist by nature, I do believe in being prepared and increasingly I find more and more reason to do just that. I've walked this earth for a lot of years and I continue to be alarmed by the actions of our government and the seeming indifference of so many Americans. I cannot help but feel that our nation is headed for economic collapse and that those smart enough to see the signs should do what they can to prepare!

Climbing down off my soapbox.

I have just finished reading all three novels in the Home series and I highly recommend them all. I finished reading "Escaping Home" today and look forward to the next installment! If I may, I would also like to recommend the works of James Wesley, Rawles. His novels are excellent and filled with valuable information.

I look forward to reading the forums and may ask a few newb questions along the way.

Strong Survivor...

Welcome to the board, Strong Survivor.
    You are welcome to ask any newbie questions you may have. We were all new to preparedness and self sufficiency at one time and everyone has to start somewhere. Just the fact that you can see the writing on the wall puts you way ahead of alot of people. Don't sweat the not knowing part on all of this, that is the reason we are here. Please do not hesitate to jump into the conversations and ask your questions. The people on this board have some wide and varied backgrounds and experiences and everyone is willing to help. You won't find a board anywhere that has better or more helpful folks.

We have several members down your way, so stick around and I'm sure they will make a point of introducing themselves.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Nice to meet you! Lots of wonderful people and info floating around on this site. Welcome!
      Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Welcome Strong Survivor. You sound like you will fit right in!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hello, we keep the soapboxes piled in the corner for frequent use. Or for building forts in the woods.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to the boards SS.. I think most, if not all of us on here share your sentiments about TPB and their arrogant BS. Glad to have you here..
            Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome Strong Survivor ,Feel free to ask questions ,we can't help it we like to answer .
              You should know that bury your head in the sand is the wrong answer to almost all the questions .
              Good luck .
              DD
              OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly

Comment

Welcome to the party, Im pretty new here too, and have been made to feel right at home, (even from afar)
                  Im still playing catchup, and are not up on all the US govt acronyms, but if I may, Patriotmuso, what / who is TPB ???
                  (I do know what BS is tho...... they say it takes one to know one )
                  Last edited by Goingbush; 03-15-2014, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Welcome from the resident monoped. We do have friends here with diverse interests and hobbies, including farming, ranching, weapons, reloading, ham radio and more. Feel free to join in the conversation.

p.s. GB, TPB=The Powers that Be
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. Ask away and we won't make fun of you. We really do try to be helpful. Make yourself at home.
                      I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Glad to have you aboard, no such thing as starting too early. Glad to see you making some headway in getting yourself prepared. The next book comes out June 24
                        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I pre-ordered the fourth book last week on Amazon!

Comment

Welcome from me too! It's always good to have more people who think like us...that was meant as a compliment I swear! I know how overwhelming it can be when you first start out prepping so ask whatever question no matter how small.

Comment

Welcome from Central Florida. Glad to see you jumping in. All kinds of folks here, with all kinds of opinions and soapboxes. Amazing amount of mutual respect, despite some small differences in opinion at times. You may even find someone or several people here who are conversant with the comma 'tween Wesley and Rawles. I'm not a cheerleader, but like I say, we are very respectful, and very willing to learn.
                              "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X