PDA

View Full Version : Self Reliance Expo 4-4/2014 Mesqute TX

unseenone
03-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Meet the Author

Join us at the largest event of its kind in the country! Enjoy two days of exhibitors, presentations, and hands on classes! AA will have a booth at the show, bring in your books and he will sign them.

The show in Denver was a huge success. It was a lot of fun, and the entire show was really fun and exciting. There were a ton of folks there. There will be more to see at the Mesquite Expo... Don't miss it.

AA & Penguin will be giving away some books as well if you need a copy.

http://www.selfrelianceexpo.com/events/

AD
03-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Maybe i should go and pick up the books i had from the last show that you guys stole from me. Yea yea dont worry we will mail them to you....... Two full sets of GH and make beer/liq book along with an extra copy of the the end of the world preps. Maybe I should check the mail box......FAT Chance

MillenniumMan
03-04-2014, 10:54 AM
What I don't get is, why a convention hall? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the event? Do it outside, rain, shine, hail. Let some deer and squirrels loose. Show the expo goers how to deal with a snakebite on a real victim. Set a broken arm on a live volunteer...

Most importantly, why always out west? Why not here on the east coast? North Carolina or Florida would be great places to hold something like that and we could pick oranges afterwards.

unseenone
03-04-2014, 11:01 AM
It's not EOTAWKI Yet, this show was so huge it would be difficult to have outside. I can't speak for Ron the organizer, but if you can't legally conceal carry, there won't be a show at that location or building.

There is one listed in Richmond Virginia, isn't that "east" of here.

I'm sure they will be keenly interested in everyone's' comments.

MillenniumMan
03-04-2014, 11:57 AM
I thought that was Richmond, TX.

My mistake, it is VA. And right about the time for the 6 month condiment test :P

DMH
03-04-2014, 03:27 PM
For those who can't attend and are interested in some of the Presentations that are being offered, they have a limited time $37 membership to give you online access (limited time period) to all the presentations that they are having. Click on the Online Presentations Tab.

Rockntoy
04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Show is this coming weekend. Friday and Saturday.

unseenone
04-02-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm here!! Who's coming?

Rockntoy
04-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I should show up Saturday to hear our FUBAR writer talk.

W.Lynn
04-02-2014, 11:16 PM
I was gonna try to go, but I got a stomach illness. Doing everybody and myself a favor, and staying home.

dangerdan
04-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Maybe i should go and pick up the books i had from the last show that you guys stole from me. Yea yea dont worry we will mail them to you....... Two full sets of GH and make beer/liq book along with an extra copy of the the end of the world preps. Maybe I should check the mail box......FAT Chance

AD ..I guess that you have not learned anything from the going home books....Don't trust the mailman....
They will steal your stuff and buy up all the bullets ...
DD

AD
04-03-2014, 05:21 PM
AD ..I guess that you have not learned anything from the going home books....Don't trust the mailman....
They will steal your stuff and buy up all the bullets ...
DD

Dan

It was not the mailman. If was AA and UN.....my friends????? Who ripped me off.

unseenone
04-03-2014, 06:43 PM
So should I empty the box I set aside for you?

Tex
04-03-2014, 07:22 PM
So should I empty the box I set aside for you?

Yeah, he gets alot more enjoyment out of the whining than he ever would the reading.

Send him some cheese.

Tex

george7100
04-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Talking about calling the pot black,WOW:stocks:

kickstand
04-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Y'all have fun. Make sure to give us an AAR.

AD
04-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Kick

Should be "SITREP" before AAR

teedee
04-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I went I saw AA and he autographed some of his books. I asked him how he liked his new job and he just smiled. I have a copy of his going home book and he gave me one of the new ones to go with it. I can remember how all of us tried to get him to publish back then and I am so very glad that he finally gave in!! Thank you for the kind conversation at the show and I will be looking forward to your new book. Thanks for the autograph.

W.Lynn
04-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Too right teedee, I read a lot, so much that IS published never should have seen the light of day. As a result, some of us notice a marketable story when we see one, even if it does need filtered through editors that have more than a 5th grade spelling level. ;)

kickstand
04-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Tee, where the heck ya been? Call me jealous!

MillenniumMan
04-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm still here at work. Somebody take video and put it up, please?

angeryamerican
04-05-2014, 11:40 PM
I think the show was a great success. I owe Un a enormous thank you. He works his but off to help, hell, run the booth. Penguin really owes him as he picked up the slack when Phil bailed to go to Tulsa. Thanks brother, it really wouldn't be the same without you. PF and Nich dropped by, PF thinks he's a funny guy, got a laugh out of me though! Rock was there, great to see you again buddy. Tee, thanks for coming by as well as anyone else I'm missing. It really is great to get to meet you guys when I'm out running around.

We met some great LEO's from College Station, these guys are like grapes and come in bunches but are exactly the kind of guys we need on our side, Gary if you see this I had a great time with you and the crew.

DMH
04-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Heard you did a FANTASTIC talk AA. Love to hear it in person sometime in June maybe.

unseenone
04-06-2014, 10:46 AM
AA Hole gets interviewed by Shaun of the Dead.

A part of a large fan club of LEO's and families. They stalked AA for two days.

The typical Mob scene at AA's booth.

AD
04-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Hey UN, HTF is Shawn of the Dead?

Rockntoy
04-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Shawn is a professional Zombie killer.LOL

AD
04-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Never heard of him

Rockntoy
04-07-2014, 10:26 PM
AD, you would have been proud of AA during the Expo. While we were there watching his fan club go by the lights went out in the building. After a minute of darkness, AA reached into his get back home bag and whipped out this little light and kept on signing books and BSing with the people. True prepared camper.

DMH
04-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Rock, Glen mentioned that on his radio show today. He said that the gal from Mercury One called him and told him that everyone whipped out their flashlights and it was business as usual. At first I thought he was going to say that he got AA's books and was going to interview him. Maybe next time.

nichevo
04-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Un....where is the pic with you in it? It was great meeting Chris and his family. And hats off to Un who stepped in. Great meeting you both!

unseenone
04-07-2014, 11:12 PM
AA's got one on his phone. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the one I took, I'm not posting it :)

W.Lynn
04-07-2014, 11:19 PM
No niche, don't do it! NEVER accept "selfies" and private photos from these clowns!

angeryamerican
04-08-2014, 08:57 PM
He he, I'll post up some pics later. It was funny when the lights went out, several people whipped out flashlights, I had a small LED lantern in a pack under the table. I hope the girl from Mercury One gave him the books, that would be cool.