My new tomato plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new tomato plants

Planted a cpl Rutgers tomato plants.. I'm going to use the Topsy turvy planter and grow them inside... It's small, but a nice start early.. I am going to get some other stuff going soon as well....

DSC_0031.jpg
    Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Have you had any luck with the Topsy turvy? I used it one year and didnt have alot of luck, it started out as a beautiful plant, then I couldnt keep the water consistent enough and lost almost all of the tomatos to bottom rot.

Comment

Is that a shot glass?
      NICHEVO

Comment

Originally posted by doublel View Post
        Have you had any luck with the Topsy turvy? I used it one year and didnt have alot of luck, it started out as a beautiful plant, then I couldnt keep the water consistent enough and lost almost all of the tomatos to bottom rot.
        I haven't put them in yet, but I certainly hope that doesn't happen. We got the TT for Christmas one year and I just thought I'd give it a shot. Not so sure now though, lol....

Comment

Originally posted by nichevo View Post
          Is that a shot glass?
          Not in this house.. It's an anchor measuring cup...

Comment

If I was going to use it again i would use something like miracle grow potting soil and I would water 3 times a day with measured amounts. Like I said they start out looking very nice, but then as they get more roots and the days get hotter it is hard to keep their moisture consistent.

Comment

Working...
            X