Ohio's Cost To The War On Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio's Cost To The War On Terror

I figured I would share my project since is for the fallen. For my Intro to Geographic Information System (GIS) final project I wanted to figure out where all the Ohio's troops that have passed durning the so called war on terror where from and what the cause was. The total is 275 troops have passed and 15 counties out of 88 have had no losses.
    First map is how many from each county, second graph are the causes for the deaths, hope the little movie plays. Each flag represents a soldier and basic city location and the timeline is from 2/02-10/13 and includes OIF and OEF.

ohio.jpgohio cause.jpg Sorry for the poor quality and speed of the video cannot figure out how change it.
    "You have been baptized in fire and blood and have come out steel!!!"

You can see why identifying and avoiding or neutralizing IEDs is so important.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

The original spread sheet I made up has a more detailed cause list. There are many different types that are classified IED's, but figured generalization
      would just be better for this anyway.

This pisses me off really. I would say we (United States) in the long run are responsible for at least half of the IED's since we supplied them to the area's
      in the past.

Comment

Why not add the wounded and maimed numbers to that.

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
          Why not add the wounded and maimed numbers to that.
          I did not have enough time to research and create the data I needed to produce such a map. The goal for the class was to raise a research question and answer it. This really was a back up project and not my first choice for the class. I have thought about it. I am taking Spatial Analysis this semester so I am planning on looking into it. Since this class covers stats. Could lead to some good conclusions between the fallen and wounded per country.

My first choice was to proved deer follow certain terrain features and by looking at leaf off aerial/satellite photo's and topo map a hunter can pin point where the deer will travel. This is something that may take a few years to determine if you can or not.

Comment

Working...
          X