Hello From Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Ohio

Hello my name is Shane and I'm from a little town called Orrville. I am a service connected Army veteran that missed out on his chance to deploy. Instead of fixing the my problem I was put in a program to change my career. So I'm a little over a year away from a BS degree in Geography/Geographic Information Systems (GIS) either a certificate of minor in Emergency Management.

Im wanting to use GIS to help the war fighter on the ground with terrain analysis use of Remote Sensing Sensors. That would be the dream job anyway. Started to learn about being prepared (prepping) from my Emergency Management classes. So one of the reasons I am here is to learn and share where I can. I also believe that the use of GIS and Remote Sensing can be a beneficial tool for any prepper and not just used to spy on people rights like some may say is the only reason to use Remote Sensing.
    You can use it to figure out elevation, drainage, evacuation routes, fields of view, choke points to name a few. I might make something like this my Independent Study. Knowing and understanding the geography around you should be a top priority when setting up you bug out camp or even fortifying you AO.
    "You have been baptized in fire and blood and have come out steel!!!"

Welcome to the group new here as well
    According to my watch the time is now
    Past is dead and gone
    Don't try to shake it just nod your head
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

White4Delta
      Welcome to the board
      Thank you for your service
      DD
      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Hello, has anyone warned you yet? This asylum is being run by the inmates, and AA is probably the biggest looney in the bin (there's a strange level of competition for second place amongst Tex, Vincent, AD, and a few others.)
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome White. Knowledge is valued, but we have fun as well.
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hey Shane, thanks for joining the board. From the sound of things, you will have some valuable insight to lend to the conversation. We have a broad spectrum of knowledge and experiences represented by our members and try our best to help each other out. Feel frre to jump on into the conversations. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              Hello, has anyone warned you yet? This asylum is being run by the inmates, and AA is probably the biggest looney in the bin (there's a strange level of competition for second place amongst Tex, Vincent, AD, and a few others.)
              You are too modest by far, madame. And what am I, friggin' chopped liver?

BTW, W4D, welcome to the monkey house.
              "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

I did say "and a few others."

Besides, the scary thing is, I'm not nuts. The shrink said so.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to the boards..
                  Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. Thank you for your service.
                    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome to the nut house! Thank you for your service. Join us in chat sometime.
                      http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

Comment

Welcome and now come over and meet my hogs. They are friendly and hungry
                          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

You do realize that we tend to abbreviate everyone's login, so don't be surprised if your name gets autokorrected, aka automisspell, to WD40. That's OK, I used to to be NMBillB, but somehow morphed into Kickstand... Go figure.
                            Welcome and thanks for your continued service. I do us all a favor and leave your sensors tucked Away in a lead box. We tend to wear our foil hats a bit tight around here.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                              You do realize that we tend to abbreviate everyone's login, so don't be surprised if your name gets autokorrected, aka automisspell, to WD40. That's OK, I used to to be NMBillB, but somehow morphed into Kickstand... Go figure.
                              Welcome and thanks for your continued service. I do us all a favor and leave your sensors tucked Away in a lead box. We tend to wear our foil hats a bit tight around here.
                              Thanks, and no I did not know that. It's fine I have been called much worse and it take a lot to offend me. Far as tucking the sensors away knowledge is power. Aerial surveillance is key and give a perspective most never think about. I think one should embrace it while you can use this technology. It's hard to hide from so either learn nothing about it and give them the upper hand or learn what you can and apply it to your situation. Because a skilled analysis can pin point your hide by a shadow or patterns in terrain. May look awesome on the ground, but from the sky it could be like a sign saying we are here… I am by no means an expert, I am just starting to understand the very basics, but ever since the Army I have been very interested in this area.

Comment

Working...
                              X