Newbie to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to this site

Glad I stumbled on to this one. I see a lot more useful information here than I have on any other gun slinger, survivalist, or any other site for that matter. I still have most of my bug out gear and it is field ready. Wife is on board this too. She can shoot too. I left her in her car, passenger side, while I ran into work to shut down a chemical pump. I had left her on the side street and it was a bad part of town but usually safe. He window was down about 5 inches to let in fresh air. I was back out of the lab in 90 seconds. That was long enough for a crazed crack head to reach in, wearing a welding glove, grabbed her by the hair and broke the passenger window with her face. I saw hair, blood and glass beside the car and blood streaming down her face. She was going into shock.
    He stole her purse, $300 bucks and her dignity. The perp was stupid enough to keep her address book. A year later we took a 4 day camping trip in the mountains. Once I got back into radio contact my neighbors had been calling me saying, "The cops have been at your place twice a day". They had caught the guy stealing porkchops from a grocery store. They eventually let him out pending a court day. In the mean time, he raped a woman in a hotel, holding a screwdriver to her neck. They caught him pulling out of the hotel speeding. When he came to court he looked like a Baptist preacher.

The Judge laid the hammer down on him. He had a rap sheet I could have wallpapered my living room with.

Evil is out there. Be Safe.

Welcome. The rest of the loonies will be along to say 'hi' as time permits.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome Watchdog! So glad your wife is ok.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome WDog. I am slowly getting my wife to be in Cond Orange or at least pay attention to her surroundings.

Comment

Welcome Watchdog. Glad to have you here. Don't be shy, jump right in & ask or tell us something.
          Glad your wife was OK, good thing he was caught. I guess they found her address book at his place???
          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome aboard Watch.. Awareness to your surroundings is key.... Enjoy the lunacy that is A.A.
            Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome to the insane asylum Watchdog! Since your wife can shoot, if you have not done so already, you need to get her a gun to carry. Too bad she did not have a gun to cap that POS and end it then. Join us in chat sometime.
              http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Glad you found the site Watchdog. Hate to hear your story, that's a nasty wake up call. Take your time and look around.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Tough story to hear.

Comment

Welcome! Sorry your wife had such a traumatic experience, and glad she's OK.

Kelly

Comment

Welcome Watchdog.....most AA members don't bite, but do eat a lot of paste. Hope to see ya in the chat room for a round of laughs most nights and serious discussions every now and then. Glad to hear your wife is ok and perhaps you both learned a valuable lesson from the experience.
                      NICHEVO

Comment

welcome aboard...glad to hear wife is okay.

Comment

Welcome from New Mexico. As our exalted leader said, look around....but not too much! At least not until you get to know us...it might scare ya off.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome to the board, Watchdog. That is a terrible story about your wife. Hopefully something like that will never be repeated. It just goes to prove that bad luck or bad people can strike at any time.

Thank you for the compliments about our board. There is getting to be quite a few people on this board, but several of us have been following this storyline since the very beginning. Our members come from all different walks of life with each having different types of skillsets and experiences. We even have a few members from around the globe. AA.net accepts all comers as long as they want to learn and become better prepared for whatever may come down the pike.

Because several of us have been involved with this thing for so long, we have developed some pretty strong friendships. Our main goal on this board is to help each to learn as much as possible and to be as prepared as one can be. It is a never ending journey, but we continue to keep moving. Should you have any questions, or if there is a particular subject you would like to learn about, don't hesitate to jump in with both feet and start asking questions. Chances are that someone here has some experience with whatever it is.

Thanks for coming over and checking us out. You will soon see that we don't have any trolls or know-it-alls. People like that are not conducive to a good learning environment, so we keep'em thinned out. If there is a subject that you have an in depth knowledge of please start a thread and help us out. We could use all of the information we can get.

Enjoy yourself.

Tex
                            = 2
                            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
                            X