Hello from Central IL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Central IL!

Hey all! Just bought myself an early Christmas present - Going Home - while fam was at B&N the other night! Am excited to get into it as I am retired Army Guard, combat vet, and am very concerned with the direction society is headed. Formerly working in the social service field I am now working for a major manufacturer in the area. Married 20+yrs, 3 kids and adopting another on Tues! GOD is good!! I am looking forward to the camaraderie and opportunities to learn here. And a big Thank You to angryamerican for speaking with "our" voice!

Welcome to the board, Maj. Quite a few of us have been with AA since he first started writing Going Home. Once you get into book one you will get your eyes opened a ittle bit more. Our board is smaler than most, but I would put the quaity of our board against any of the others. Look around and check out all the different sections. We have alot of knowledge and experience represented here and our main goal is to help each other to get better prepared. Should you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Congratulations on the adoption. My grandparents adopted me and I think God has a special place in Heaven for those who open up their hearts and homes to another child.

I hope you enjoy yourself here. Don't forget, we have a chatroom too. Stop in for a visit.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome aboard Maj, I hope you enjoy the book. If you're retired Guard you'll really the 4th and 5th books.
      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome Maj. Hopefully santa will bring book 2 & 3. How did you learn about Going Home?

Comment

Welcome Maj from your neighboring state of Missouri. Congrats on the new kiddo to the family!
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome to the world that is A. American.....
            Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome. Please keep hands and other extremities inside the bus at all times, and please don't chew on the walls, we just had them re-upholstered.
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. We do not judge others here. Ask questions or tell us something. Let us know how you like the book. I'm sure you will getting #2 & #3 soon. You may turn into an AA groupie just like me, but I will always be his #1 groupie.
                Oh, and thank you for your service to our country.....well....what used to be our country.
                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome to our nut house Maj! Jump in and join us in chat sometime.
                  http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Welcome and thank you for your service. You'll find quite a few prior service members here. And remember, no questions are stupid questions. There is a lot of knowledge stored in the noggins of the members here....you just may need to swing your hammer a little harder to release it from some of the members. Congrats on the new kiddo...what a wonderful family you must have.
                    NICHEVO

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly

Comment

Welcome to the board .
                        Thank you for your service .
                        This place is a well oiled machine ....

A Cuckoo clock 8)
                        DD
                        OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Thanks! If anything like book 1, I will work thru them almost too fast!! Merry Christmas and a safe New Year's to you and your's!

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
                            Welcome Maj. Hopefully santa will bring book 2 & 3. How did you learn about Going Home?
                            I stumbled across Escaping Home at B&N on a new "fiction" rack. Subject matter and seeing it as a series hooked me! The writing style has been very enjoyable in addition, soooo long story short - books #2 & #3 will be post- (pre-???) Christmas purchases, definitely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                              Welcome. Please keep hands and other extremities inside the bus at all times, and please don't chew on the walls, we just had them re-upholstered.
                              Is window licking allowed???

Comment

Working...
                              X