Tifton this winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tifton this winter?

Anyone know what the Tifton forecast is for the next few months? Most interested in Florida, but nationally too. The feed stores and farmers are nervous that it'll be like last year.
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

What is a "Tifton" forecast? I don't guess I have ever heard of it?

Tex
    Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-06-2013, 07:43 PM.
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

We've had plenty more precip than the last few years here in central Tx already, if the el niño/la niña pattern is consistent, we may be in for cold and wet winter, while others may not get their usual amount of snowfall.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Tex, didnt do any editing; hit the wrong button.

Tifton hay; horse hay. The forecaast is/isn't (hopefully isn't) "you're gonna have a hellua time getting it this winter and/or paying out the ass."

Originally posted by Tex View Post
        What is a "Tifton" forecast? I don't guess I have ever heard of it?

Tex
        "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah, that's what some are saying -- its been too wet.
          Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
          We've had plenty more precip than the last few years here in central Tx already, if the el niño/la niña pattern is consistent, we may be in for cold and wet winter, while others may not get their usual amount of snowfall.

Comment

According to the Farmers Almanac:

DECEMBER 2013:
            temperature 61° (2° below avg.); precipitation 1.5" (1" below avg.); Dec 1-5: Sunny, cool; Dec 6-11: T-storms, then sunny, cold; Dec 12-16: Scattered t-storms, warm; Dec 17-20: Sunny, cool; Dec 21-24: Scattered showers, warm; Dec 25-31: Showers, cool.

JANUARY 2014: temperature 63° (3° above avg.); precipitation 2.5" (2" below avg. north, 2" above south); Jan 1-9: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Jan 10-20: Scattered t-storms, warm; Jan 21-26: Sunny, warm; Jan 27-30: T-storms, then sunny, cool; Jan 31: Sunny, warm.

Annual Weather Summary: November 2013 to October 2014

Winter will be colder than normal, with rainfall below normal in northern and central counties and above normal in the south. The coldest temperatures will occur in early November, early to mid-December, and in late January.
            April and May will be hotter and rainier than normal, especially in the south.

Hate to rain on your parade Rim_Shot_emoticon.gif While it's going to be ideal to grow, it won't have time to dry out properly.
            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

You mean Timothy-grass

Comment

MM, over in Hernando, they're asking (the few who have to sell) between $5 -$7.50/bale when buying between 100-200 long bales at a time. Load and truck yourself. You wouldn't happen to know what's it like in the Lake Cty area?
                Last edited by AmericanBTGoG; 12-07-2013, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I have a friend who cuts Tifton over in Lake County-there's a good bit is all I know. I can get details if you need them.
                  Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

That would be fantastic!

Comment

Well the price is $7 for square, $60 round and as far as for now there is NO shortage. I have seen fields cut this season about 4 or more times each-and up near the villages it's been cut several times. (they complain about the dust during bailing, believing that?). The fields out near here, and between center hill to okahumpka are FULL of round bales
                      If you can't get lucky with hay out near Lake, try Sumter county and over near Brooksville. They are stocked up to from what I see/hear.

Comment

Thanks. Brooksville is where we are panicking. Looks like $7.25 long bale (3 string) delivered is what we'll have to jump on then. No way to deal with round at this time. BTW, if Oka - CH is your locale, you're not too awfully far from us. From Brooksville, its straight shot on 50 to beautiful metropolitan Mascotte, and hang a left.

Comment

We might be closer than you think.

I think $7.25 delivered is pretty good. I have a friend who might have it for $7 delivered, he's close by in Tarrytown if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanBTGoG View Post
                            its straight shot on 50 to beautiful metropolitan Mascotte
                            HAhahahahahahahahaaaaa........... Are we thinking about the same one?
                            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Originally posted by MillenniumMan View Post
                              HAhahahahahahahahaaaaa........... Are we thinking about the same one?
                              Yes, the one with the hellified Botanica. (haven't been in it, just seen it from the road)

Comment

Working...
                              X