Howdy From Texas Ya'll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy From Texas Ya'll

Joined just before Thanksgiving. Tex and the gang from the chat room directed me to the Welcome Mat to introduce myself. I am a huge fan of AA's books - he is sure one talented SOB...followed him on SB as he was writing the first ones and finally decided it was time to jump the SB ship and join this club.

Glad to finally be here and hope to participate in some outlandish tin foil hattery!

nichevo
    NICHEVO

Welcome Nichevo.

Was nice to meet you on chat, talk about jumping in with both feet.
    Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Welcome Nichevo! Glad we didn't scare you off after getting to meet you in chat yesterday. Check out southernmom's thread on her family farm, Julie's Funny farm thread, Vincent's HomeinStead thread and of course Tex's ranch thread. Lot's of good info there. Good luck on starting your farm. Btw, don't forget to post pics!
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome aboard the crazy train .
        DD
        OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Welcome. No need to jump ship, hang out any place you get value from.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I just read Vincent's entire thread and I have to admit I am thoroughly frightened by what I read and what lies ahead for our future farm in the making! He at least has had experience with exotics! I am struggling to keep my fir
            NICHEVO

Comment

fist garden from being eaten by the bugs (cat decided to participate in my response - reason for the broken response), never mind succeeding at keeping animals healthy and alive.
              NICHEVO

Comment

Welcome Nich, glad to see you found your way here. Hang out, there's all sorts of info here.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Hi Nichevo, I'm glad to see that you decided to hang around. If you have any questions abouot getting your homestead up and running, this is a good place for information. As has already been said, there are several threads going on here about farms, ranches and homesteads. I was raised down in your neck of the woods and know a few of the things you will be dealing with. Just let us know if we can be of any help.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Hi again Nich, it was nice visiting with you in chat on friday. Friday evening is usually a pretty good chat. Welcome to the Casa Chaos.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thanks Tex, I appreciate the offer and will probably take you up on it. Growing a garden in the Texas heat may be challenging. Especially since we will be growing organic.
                      NICHEVO

Comment

Hey niche, how deep in Tx you be at? I'm north of Austin a little bit, out where it's hard to find all the little podunk towns (but the post office swears it's a Georgetown address.)

Comment

Lynn, think really big fleamarket and you will have an idea of her AO.

Tex
                          = 2
                          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Oh crap, not "the Manor Mall"? (I hate that place, he loves it. I'm always feeling like I'll break an ankle.)

Comment

Welcome..
                              Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Working...
                              X