Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Different: Retired Marine, but WOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Different: Retired Marine, but WOW!!!

John Keller is a 6-foot-8, 250-pound Marine who found himself in the middle of the most catastrophic natural disaster in American history and responded by personally rescuing over 240 elderly and disabled people from a partially-submerged apartment building – not only protecting the terrified residents from looters, thugs, and rushing floodwaters, but also making sure that they received all the food and medical supplies they needed until he was able to single-handedly evacuate them on a boat he'd hotwired and then piloted through the most dangerous waters of downtown New Orleans.
    Read the rest at badassoftheweek.com
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

That is a kickass story.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Marines are wow, some of them just don't get as much news coverage.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Why was THAT not one of the stories splashed all over the national news?!!!

Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question.
        Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

One bad ass SOB, kudos.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I want to meet this guy and thank him myself. Love him, love him, love him.
            Thanks ABT for the story.
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Hurah
              If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwynmael View Post
                Why was THAT not one of the stories splashed all over the national news?!!!

Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question.
                Same reason as the teenager who got a bus started and loaded up & evacuated a load of people who had no transportation. They were too busy pressing charges. That bus was stolen! (Would have been ruined by the flood, so he saved city or school district property too ... ?) And he didn't even have the proper license to drive a bus full of people anywhere! (But if he'd stayed and looted with the NO PD, he might've gotten a pass.)
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

One bad ass man.

Comment

Working...
                  X