Howdy from Wyoming and Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Wyoming and Colorado

I am in Colorado right now and likely will be until next June when I go back up to my mtn place / paradise in southern Wyoming near the Divide.

Yes, I am the Mtnman Mike that some of you might have seen around the net posting pics and trying to share some of the knowledge and experience I have accumulated since well for the past 30 plus years.

I have been trying to not post too much anywhere but this group looks very good and I might post more here than anywhere else, until June at least.

Btw, Tex sent me here and hope I can contribute some good info, even learn something new, which I don't usually learn much of anything new on most forums, even a huge supposedly survivalist forum....

later, MMMike or now known as Rocky Mtn Mike since that name tells much.
    Tested in the Wilderness

Welcome Mike - I followed your posts on the other side and found them to be highly educational. Lot of work on your part and it is appreciated.
    Again - welcome....

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAnn
        Welcome to the site Mike. I was lucky enough to spend a few weeks in Aspen years ago. I still tell people it's one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I'm in PA.
        Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I only go to forums where I get responses and this one, although still small, looks like one of the best survival forums I have ever seen.
        MelissaAnn, I have been to Aspen only once which was enough for me. The Maroon Bells mountains with the lake is beautiful and one of the most photographed lakes in the world but that does not make up for the rest of the problems there. I read that even the mayor of Aspen cannot afford to live there. He lives a few miles north of Aspen.

Too many people, especially Hollyweirdos there. But Hollyweird has taken over too much of the Colorado mountains, such as Aspen, Telluride where I heard and read that Tom Cruise has a Ten million dollar bunker. Not to escape from reality which I doubt he knows too much about or to be safe from tornadoes and such but well you would just have to read about it > "Tom Cruise is laying out plans to build a huge underground bunker at his Telluride, Colorado estate. It will have a state of the art air purification system and will be large enough with enough equipment and supplies for at least ten people to survive for years. Apparently, Scientologists believe that the evil deposed galatic [sic] ruler Xenu is set to attack Earth, and they’ll need a safe place to survive. "

Above quote from this site >

And I like Wyoming much better than most Rocky Mountain states, even Colorado. Not just for some of the beauty in WY but one big advantage in Wyoming is few people. Except in Yellowstone which I have heard can get over 2 million visitors a year. I have only been to Yellowstone national park twice in the past 40 years. Many many other good places in WY such as the Snowy Range and near my mtn place / retreat >

Here is a good view looking down on my private dirt road which this pic was taken only a few feet above my bunker on the hill side. >

And a nearby fishing lake which helps show some of the beauty in my mountain area >

Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Seen you on the other boards, nice to finally meet you
          Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Yeah. Mmm's here
            Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Mike, I am glad you made it over here. I can assure you that your imput will be appreciated here. You are already doing what most of the armchair commandos only wish they could do. Feel free to start a thread about your retreat and show us what works in your situation.

Thanks again for deciding to join us.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Hi Mike,
                We are very happy to have you here. Please make yourself at home & stay a while. Don't be shy. I look forward to seeing your posts.
                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Originally posted by VINCENT View Post
                  Yeah. Mmm's here
                  Hope you mean Yaay! kidding sorta.

And I forget that many know me by MMM although maybe in this group it should be RMM although MMM is still good.

And it is ok if there are no smileys. I am glad to see the thanks button. Not many forums have a thanks button. But then I am not on many forums or even lurk much anymore.
                  Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                    Mike, I am glad you made it over here. I can assure you that your imput will be appreciated here. You are already doing what most of the armchair commandos only wish they could do. Feel free to start a thread about your retreat and show us what works in your situation.

Thanks again for deciding to join us.

Tex
                    And thanks for inviting me Tex.

I will create a thread about the mtn retreat, paradise or Hold as WR calls it. But it can take anywhere from an hour to a few days for me to create a long and good pic thread.
                    I do have new pics that I took this past summer. I was alone all summer except at the beginning when a lady was on my mtn place for 6 whole days. One day longer than any other ladies which the last one was in 1999.

A great deal I should and could tell about with many pics of course.

I did just post a post with a couple pics a while ago and it said that a moderator would have to approve it. But I can easily re-post the pics if necessary. I don't think anyone anywhere on the net has posted as many pics, even some videos of their remote mtn survival retreats as I have. But I doubt very many even have a remote Rocky Mtn survival retreat, which is an extreme camping / vacation / site, hopefully next summer even have a cabin on it.
                    Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Welcome Mike

Comment

Welcome to the fray RMM. Tex speaks very highly of you, and that holds some weight here (so we let him think anyway, lol). Great to have you here and I look forward to learning from someone with real-world experience...
                        Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome. Heard many good things about you.
                          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Glad to see you here Mike, love those bunker photos! Kearney would be proud of you, not much out there is better shelter than getting into a mountain.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Mountain Man Mountain Man Livin' on the Plains!

Hey Mike, still buzzin' free here. How's mini-Babylon Greeley treating you?

Comment

Working...
                              X