Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield, cleared in EBT glitch

Given the recent EBT "glitch," I thought this a useful example of why one should plan n prepare...

Their excuses as to the reason are pathetic, being in IT, I don't buy this for a minute...

The tin foil side of me says it's about prepping the battlespace, conditioning and monitoring the reaction of the EBT crowd, to see just how far they can be pushed, kinda like the Boston thing...Armed/militarized cops/thugs illegally entering homes to gauge the reaction....

Shelves in Walmart stores in Springhill and Mansfield, LA were reportedly cleared Saturday night, when the stores allowed purchases on EBT cards even though they were not showing limits.

I am not shocked or surprised by this anymore and can only imagine (actually I can imagine) how it would have been after 2-3 days of being down, ugly...

Combine this with a protracted truck stoppage and all hell will break loose in days.....

The system was down and they took advantage of it. It wasn't picnic buying, it was opportunistic theft.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

And this is how they reacted when they thought they could get tons of free food without getting in trouble, imagine when the SHTF how bad it would be.
      http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Now, I read on Western Rifleman, and Matt Brackens post, about EBT payments being halted in Nov? Talk about a game of chicken.....

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
          The system was down and they took advantage of it. It wasn't picnic buying, it was opportunistic theft.
          You'll note, I didn't buy a thing while we were on the road, at a gun shop, preparedness show, wally world, etc. You should be stocked up and prepped. Now whiskey & Rum is another story..

Comment

Wish I was completely set up.
            Last edited by W.Lynn; 10-15-2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: Yes, whiskey and rum are different matters.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Yeah, UN didn't buy anything. But you should his office and his garage and his closet and his bedroom and....
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Indeed.. There is most definitely a rather large proportion of our society that believe they are entitled to the free ride the system provides to them. It isn't a surprise in the fact that there was a "glitch". This was a test so TPB could gauge what they need to plan for when they bring the entire system to a stand still. The only thing we as rational individuals aka "preppers" can do is be just that.. As prepared as possible for any scenario.... I really need to get back on track.. I think it won't be long now....
                Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

I was disgusted by this. Then again , with my job I see so muh of the entitlement attitude it's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
                    You'll note, I didn't buy a thing while we were on the road, at a gun shop, preparedness show, wally world, etc. You should be stocked up and prepped. Now whiskey & Rum is another story..
                    There's no such thing as too much, or too many:

-Whiskey (bourbon in particular)
                    -Ammo
                    -Medical Supplies
                    -Brains (when used properly of course)
                    -Unicorns

Comment

In Louisiana the governor is cutting benefits for some of the abusers.

Comment

Working...
                      X