Audio Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Books

Here's a link where you guys can hear a sample reading by the short list of guys trying out to do the audio book. Listen to them and let me know what you guys think. I have one in mind, let's see what you guys think.

James Babson
    66.67%
    Shane Shelby
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

I'm drunk tonith.

I am leaning towards James Babson 1st and then Shane Shelby. James sounds normal, Shane a little southern, and the other guys sound to uptight (actory/prissy) to be you.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

First guy sucks....

Nothing personal against any of these guys... The right material, might work..

nope David Atlas

Second guy nope... Will Damron

Better... James Babson

oh cmon. P.J. Ochlan

Best bet so far... Shane Shelby

I had something else in mind for the audio book... such as actually casting the right voices for each Key character. I think it would bring the story to life.

I admit I have never listened to an audio book, so I don't know if they all suck..
      Last edited by unseenone; 09-12-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I only give the nod to James Babson. His tone and his voice seems to work for me.
        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

I thought I was getting that job. Jackwagon.

Tex
          = 2
          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

WTF are you doing auditioning voice talent ????

Thats like me testing out saddles.

Comment

Whaddaya mean? I've been told I have a good voice. You're just jealous that you aren't me.

Where are you anyway?

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Big Fat Nope.

Milder Nope.

Mebbe.

Oh HELL no.

Better Mebbe.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

The Mouse House near Vincent

Comment

I used to do books on tape & it does make a huge difference. As UN says, depends on the material. I think the guy who did Harry Potter was great. Also the guy who did that old famous one on Savannah (Midnight in the garden of good & evil)was perfect for the material. Neither of those guys would work for this book.
                    I don't really like any of these guys for your book. Need a more tough guy. These are all just pansies. Too mellow. Not sure how many tough guys out there read books aloud. Believe me, it makes a big difference.
                    There has to be a guy out there who has a rough & tough voice. Maybe you could seriously give Tex a try.
                    I think these guys would ruin it for you.
                    Sorry, I hate to be mean, but it is the truth, the whole truth & nuthin but the truth!

Why can't AA do it himself. He knows the books better than anyone???
                    So I prefer Tex or AA
                    Last edited by Gena.KY; 09-13-2013, 09:41 AM. Reason: forgot about AA himself
                    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

I'm not doing the auditions, Penguin is. They sent me these to pick from, it will be one of these guys. I like Babson, I like the inflection he puts in the dialogue, the way he reads. The last one is good too, I think he is the one Penguin likes, they haven't told me yet. I'll let this run through today and make a decision later today.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

If you are stuck with one of these, the last one is a no brainer. Suggest, something else.. they've open to listen to you so far. I suppose, the rest of them can be postal workers and pat's family.

Comment

After giving them all a second listen and second chance....I like the Babson guy a bit but like Shane Shelby the best. He still needs to pep up some, they all sound like they are on downers. Plus, I know this does not count with the guys, but the Shane guy is by far the cutest.
                          Never heard Tex's voice but my vote is still for Tex. I may give him a call & see if he has a manly voice.
                          Last edited by Gena.KY; 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM.
                          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

If what's needed is a voice talent, I could wish a local musician I know was in the lineup. It may also be a matter of who the books-on-tape/cd company already has contracts, or has time to spend in the studio.

Comment

Problem is, they all sound at least a bit like some whiney, metro, pussy-man that smokes women's cigarettes. I could give you a page number from GH. If someone wants to offend the fans, this might be one way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X