GOLD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLD!!!

I thought I would post some pics of the gold panning operation. I went out today to pick up a couple of things from the local supply store and saw a really nice sluice box I just had to have, so I bought it and brought it home. Here it is set up in the creek.

For those that do not know what this does for you, it allows you to process a lot more material than panning does. What you do is get your sand and dirt, I run it through a classifier which just a round tool that fits inside a bucket with mesh in the bottom. You drop in your dirt then rinse it through the mesh. Anything big stays there, rocks and what not and the sand goes through. Then you take this sand and pour it into the sluice. The water rushing through it washes the sand through and the gold collects behind small ridges in the box.

As you can see in the pic there are a couple of sizes of ridges, the larger ones create eddies behind them where gold will fall and collect. Then there is the expanded metal that will catch anything that makes it by. Under both of these is a carpet that holds the material. After running the material through the box you rinse all the parts out in a bucket, collecting everything it caught and pan it out.

What you end up with is this.

Now some may say that it isn't a lot gold, and it's not, but I got that in less than an hour with less than a gallon of classified material, that's not bad at all. This is a hobby that can make you some money down the road, just collect it and let it build up. We spend a lot of time at the creek as it is, this just gives me something else to do.Here's the real reason we go to the creek.

I'm drunk tonith.

GOLD!!!

Looks like a great hobby AA. While you are waiting for the fish to bite you can pan for gold. Let us know how that "pans out for ya"
    I hope you find a truck load of it. Maybe then you could....um...get back to writing!!!!

I do wonder if Kentucky has gold in our creeks???
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

GOLD!!!

So cool, I have always wanted to learn how to do this. The creek must have to be coming down from out of the hills. H ow do you know what a good spot to pan is? Many fun summer days spent playing in the creek and exploring!
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

GOLD!!!

I really would like to do this too. I am going to google if Ky has any gold in the creeks here. It is nice to think about. Looks almost relaxing until you spot a few flakes & then I would imagine your heart would start to race. I'm looking into it.
        AA needs to keep all his money from the gold & get us all to his place for a big get together.
        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

GOLD!!!

Just pick a spot, I simply turned over a rock and started digging. Seems to be about everywhere.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

GOLD!!!

Yup, either to NC or Wy and go pester Tex and the HN. Sharon and I are planning on trying to get to Wy next year, probably around the May/June time frame (as stated, it HAS to be warm, none of this snow crap.) I think it would be a great time/place for a AA.net get-together. Start making your vacation plans now.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

GOLD!!!

Did not realize till I started researching gold in my state that the rush really started in NC. 17 lb gold doorstop!!!
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

GOLD!!!

To learn how to pan amd prospect watch
                http://www.goldprospectors.org/Media/GoldFeverShow/tabid/116/Default.aspx

Every Saturday morning on the Outdoor Life Channel

By the way, your as fat as the porker on Gold Fever

Comment

GOLD!!!

I had a small sluice box when I lived in Kalifornia that I would use. I would backpack it into a area that was the largest gold find till it ran out. I was doing pretty good till the forest rangers ran me out since it was on forest land and mining was not allowed. I used what was called a black sponge back then, it would trap the gold flakes till you were ready to wash it out into a seperate bucket and then pan it out from there. worked great. And AA,did OMAR tent and awning make your shirt?
                  If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

GOLD!!!

BWAHAHAHAA, you guys are hilarious. Keep up and the next time I go panning I'll wear a thong and post pics of that.

Rock, you and AD quit looking at my ass.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

GOLD!!!

Hey, Lardass, Subway called and asked if you would be interested in a spokesman job.
                      'Course ya gotta lose some weight first.

I bet when you get outta that crick it aint much more than a little trickle.

Tex
                      = 2
                      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

GOLD!!!

THIS IS TRULY JUST AN EXCUSE TO SIT YOUR FAT ASS ON A BUCKET WITH YOUR FEET IN THE WATER AND NOT GET UP. YOUR NOT FOOLIN ANYONE
                        FATTY
                        Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

GOLD!!!

Originally posted by "angeryamerican" post=4258
                          BWAHAHAHAA, you guys are hilarious. Keep up and the next time I go panning I'll wear a thong and post pics of that.
                          See, just another reason for a "No Thank You" button.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

GOLD!!!

Good luck with the gold operation. That is a fun thing to get into, lived in Alaska for a number of years, friends took me to their clam a few time, they were much more lucky than me. Can be good exercise too if you want . From what I've read you might be in a good AO.
                            You and yours be safe.

Comment

GOLD!!!

So, I needed a break earlier and went to the creek, we couldn't stay long as more of the never ending storms moved in. I found some gold this time, but that wasnt the real haul, the real haul this time was RUBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the pic is a little blurry, not my fault, something about several martinis, dont blame me, anyway, here are the stones!

I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                              X