Summer Solstice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Solstice

Happy Summer everyone! Its 95 degrees here with high humidity making it feel like 102!
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Summer Solstice

It's 96-100 here depending on where you are standing, that's hot. It gets hotter here between 3-7 or so, the heat really seems to crank up.

Comment

Summer Solstice

It's 72 here pretty much every day. . It's 68 right now.

Comment

Summer Solstice

102 to 106 for the next week. Sure wish I could drink a cold

Defund the Media !!

Comment

Summer Solstice

99 here, Stage 3 drought, the grass is dying due to water restrictions. Try a Non Alcoholic version, better than nothing... maybe..

Comment

Summer Solstice

Drink cider! On a hot day fill a glass with ice and keep pouring and drinking til the ice is gone. Refill ice and continue until the preferred level of intoxication is reached. Simple.
            "I leave for the guidance of other revolutionaries, who may tread the path which I have trod, this advice; never treat with the enemy, never to surrender to his mercy, but to fight to a finish."
            Eamonn Ceannt

Comment

Summer Solstice

117 deg F in Phoenix this weekend.

Comment

Summer Solstice

We are out of our drought here. 4 months ago, barges could not navigate the Mississippi river due to almost record low water level, now we are battling flooding. Every storm we get lately seems to dump 2-4 inches of rain. Its always fun living near the confluence of the Missouri, Illinois and Mississippi rivers.
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Summer Solstice

We've been getting an unusually low amount of rain this year. Not dangerously low or anything but our water tank is half empty. If it gets much lower, we're going to actually have to conserve water. That'd be a first that I remember.

Comment

Summer Solstice

It's been in the 90's and high humidity here. Feels like the south, too much for this northern boy!

Comment

Summer Solstice

Keeps friggin raining here... I'd love to send some to the drought states personally.... Otherwise, warm and humid....
                      Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Summer Solstice

Every year in Ireland our summers seem shorter, cooler and wetter. This year is unbelievable so far, the average monthly temperature so far is 4 degrees C less then last year and about 60% higher rainfall. Considering that some parts of Ireland get 225 rainy days a year that's a lot of rain. It was so bad last year that our farmers barely got enough silage for their animals through the winter, this year the weather was so bad that the cattle had to be kept indoors and they ran out and had to buy from abroad.
                        The temp for today looks promising at 18C (65F) and sunny.
                        "I leave for the guidance of other revolutionaries, who may tread the path which I have trod, this advice; never treat with the enemy, never to surrender to his mercy, but to fight to a finish."
                        Eamonn Ceannt

Comment

Summer Solstice

Kailani, go ahead and get in water-conscious mode now, and make what you have go further. If you have your own bathroom, use low- or no- phosphate soaps, disconnect the drain, and catch all your hand-washing water in a bucket so you can take it outside.

Depending on the willingness of the rest of the household, you can usually find suitable products to make kitchen sink, bath/shower, and laundry water useable for lawn & garden also.

One of my friends routed her washer drain to outside, and switched soaps in a hurry, because her chickens enjoyed the water so much!
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Summer Solstice

Originally posted by "AD" post=2896
                            117 deg F in Phoenix this weekend.
                            Same forecasted for Vegas.

At least it's not 122.
                            The problem with quotes on the Internet is that often it's difficult to verify their authenticity.
                            Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Summer Solstice

Our weekly community rag came out tonight. Headline "HISTORIC DROUGHT TO CONTINUE ALL SUMMER".

bummer

Comment

Working...
                              X