Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio book question, for us not using twitter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio book question, for us not using twitter.

Saw the question on AA's twitter connection here, but I don't use that. Should there be one?

I say yes, the vision-impaired, long-distance drivers, and folks who listen while exercising or cooking shouldn't be denied the joy of such gear-tastic, prep-heavy, don't-trust-alphabet-agencies, stories as these.

Are we mean enough to insist on him doing the reading? I don't know, some people don't like the sound of their own voice, others wouldn't want to break their budgets getting the equipment that makes a good clean, high quality recording.
    quam minimum credula postero

I have a son that is profoundly dyslexic. He loves stories but he will never be in a situation where he will sit down and read a book, the frustration will always be too much for him. I read to him a lot to try to balance out the mind numbing crap that they put on tv these days for kids. Due to my job in the past I wasn't always available to read to him.
    He's a little young yet for "Going Home" but he's growing up fast. Anyway, it would be nice for somebody else to go hoarse for a change other then me.

Yes.
    "I leave for the guidance of other revolutionaries, who may tread the path which I have trod, this advice; never treat with the enemy, never to surrender to his mercy, but to fight to a finish."
    Eamonn Ceannt

Comment

Do we have anyone in this leper colony with tourette's? That would certainly spice up the book.
      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

It looks like it will become reality. I'm doing a deal for the first two books, we'll see after that.

These guys are pretty fast too and will turn them out in about 8 weeks. We've talked about the narrator and I'll get a little say in that department. One really good thing is they will use the same one for the entire series, that will really help out the story I think.
        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I thought the book had enough of that kind of stuff in it already.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by "AmericanBTGoG" post=234
            Do we have anyone in this leper colony with tourette's? That would certainly spice up the book.
            Just you, princess.

Comment

Originally posted by "angeryamerican" post=236
              It looks like it will become reality. I'm doing a deal for the first two books, we'll see after that.

These guys are pretty fast too and will turn them out in about 8 weeks. We've talked about the narrator and I'll get a little say in that department. One really good thing is they will use the same one for the entire series, that will really help out the story I think.
              For your sake, I hope they aren't nested with those idiots that couldn't do anything right. You don't need the aggravation, you've got US for that.

Oh, and if it goes badly, I know people who have pro grade recording gear.

Comment

I think an audio version would be good. can't wait till I here the piggys playing this one went to market on the toes, ankles,legs body parts.Oh got carried away there ,HeHeHe :evil:
                If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Nah, I got a stutter. And i'm saving that to narrate "TornadoTime for the Little Man in A Boat."
                  "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

You definitely need a consistent reader for the dominant, host voice. I think secondary voices are appropriate for Thad and Sarge.A good reader could portray those voices and give them a life as well.

Comment

I'd love an audio version. It'd be interesting to hear the words.

Comment

AA,
                        Do you have Going Home available on audio? I too would be interested in it. Batman has a 35 minute drive to work & I would love for him to hear it. Let us know.
                        Thanks,
                        Your ding bat groupie
                        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

The audio of Going Home will be live in the next 48-72 hours. As soon as I know for sure I'll let you guys know.
                          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Did you do the voice?

Comment

I thought I was going to be doing the voice work. What the heck? I even had a contract.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
                              X