X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Garden 17

Seems like fall is in the air time to plantCapture.JPG
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

So what kind of fall plantings do you put in your garden where you live OF .

Comment

20170812_104748.jpg20170812_104759.jpg

Beds prepped

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

Potatoes, tomatoes, kale, green beans, peppers(Habanero and Jalapeno) and cucumbers are the plan for this fall

Comment

Also we planted a couple of pear trees three years ago and today picked our first pear
          20170812_121658.jpg

Comment

I'm still picking okra from the summer garden. Haven't even started thinking about a fall garden yet. I think the wx is trying to lull us into a false sense of euphoria that summer is almost over. It can't be. Wal-Mart hasn't put out their Christmas stuff yet. Hobby Lobby has, but I think they keep stuff out year-round.

Comment

I have picked a whopping total of 2 okra and 2 tomatoes (very small) so far from my summer garden. I am getting ready to fill up every unlocked vehicle in town with summer squash though... LOL no such thing as fall gardens here.

Comment

We can go between 10 and 12 months here. Even if we have a couple of frosty months we can start stuff in pots in the sun room and transplant when it warms up (relative term I'm sure)

Comment

Betty, my mom used to grow some of the shortest season okra ever, in Douglas (so it would get a cool start, then go crazy when the heat would finally hit.) So it can be done. You're not growing a breed that wants conditions closer to South Texas are you? 2 measly pods is just wrong.
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Buckshot View Post
                    I have picked a whopping total of 2 okra and 2 tomatoes (very small) so far from my summer garden. I am getting ready to fill up every unlocked vehicle in town with summer squash though... LOL no such thing as fall gardens here.
                    You're welcome to come and pick some of my okra. I'm about ready to turn the goats out into the garden and let them finish it off.

Comment

Outlaw, we used to have some sort of old fig and pear trees at a farmhouse we rented. Tough things and not fit to eat fresh, but man did they make preserves! I wish we had those old trees here, or even knew the variety.

Our summer garden was a big bust. Too much rain, newly broken ground, not enough time for the weeding, and so on. On the bright side, the berry bushes and fig trees we planted are growing at least as well as our weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                        Seems like fall is in the air time to plant[ATTACH=CONFIG]8443[/ATTACH]
                        Trade? 6pm, and still 97°F/36°C outside.
                        Last edited by W.Lynn; 08-20-2017, 06:28 PM. Reason: And my poor sweetheart was roasted when he mowed way early in the AM.
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

That was at 0945 the heat index was already 103° by lunchtime (when I tagged out) it was around 95° and the heat index was around 115°....It was so thick you had to chew the air before you could breathe it.

Comment

Working...
                          X