Tough, decent looking pants. Duluth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough, decent looking pants. Duluth?

I am in need of new office clothes. Before I bought the clinic, they shifted us all to business casual with a white coat policy. Not a fan of white coats or business casual.

I practice in a small town in north georgia. I used to wear carhartt pants, but have been wearing dockers

So, my questions: what do your vets wear?
    Would you mind seeing cargo pants on a professional?
    Does anyone have experience with Duluth pants?

My dockers are actually holding up longer than my carhartt did in the knees especially.

I do need room and flexibility. We are crawling on the floor all dayand around horse trailers frequently.

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
    I am in need of new office clothes. Before I bought the clinic, they shifted us all to business casual with a white coat policy. Not a fan of white coats or business casual.

I practice in a small town in north georgia. I used to wear carhartt pants, but have been wearing dockers

So, my questions: what do your vets wear?
    Would you mind seeing cargo pants on a professional?
    Does anyone have experience with Duluth pants?

My dockers are actually holding up longer than my carhartt did in the knees especially.

I do need room and flexibility. We are crawling on the floor all dayand around horse trailers frequently.

Thanks for the help
    Around here, a veterinarian probably wouldn't be trusted by the farmers/ranchers if they showed up in business casual. The latter is more expected by the foofoo crowd when thy bring their pocket dogs etc in for a sneeze.

As for Deluth, been in them two years now, no complaints. Still have the old carhartts, but the most recent pairs I purchased failed in the first year thus the switch. I don't know why they failed but the fabric just wasn't standing up to abrasion and hard wear like the carhartts I was used too.

If your primary income is from farm/ranch animals dress accordingly, likewise for the foofoo pets.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I am a big fan of Dickies cargos, they've held up better than my Carhartts did and they are less than half the price so I can replace them with a lot more regularity. It sure is a lot less heartburn when I get a barbwire snag on a $20 pair of britches instead of $45. The button down work shirts hold up really well also, I had some monogramed with our logo and they look really good, people comment on them all the time.
      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Cwi, same issues with my carhartt pants. Knees were going in 3 to 6 months. Dang dockers go a year. I don't like dockers, but they work. The primary income is small animal, but most are local country people. Clean, non-wrinkled carhartt style pants seem to be pretty common among my clients even when I see them out and about.

I tried the wrangler cargo work pants....pitiful. a shame, because I like good old 13mwz jeans.

Comment

Ol, I have not tried dickies. Mostly because I have not found any for sale in my size locally. I will have to look harder.

Comment

Some suggestions that would make sure that your clinic was the talk of the town...

dare2tutu-men-with-breast-cancer-300x297-300x297-1.jpg

Dog1.jpg

Dress.jpg

7f876b84b87fa51c82c8c7f59c25aed8--man-skirt-skirts-for-men.jpg
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

I've been wearing Duluth for years now and love them. I wear their firehose pants out in the desert because they are not only super rugged but they have a stain/water resistant coating that seems to have lasted for several years now. I'm always crawling under the vehicles wrenching on something that has broke and you don't get to pick what's under there so these are perfect for it. I wear their shorts and shirts all the time. Duluth has a great return policy, you don't like it, return it. No questions asked 100% guaranteed. Over about the last 5 years, I have returned one item and it was really easy. I've worn out one pair of shorts that were the flex firehose but I still use them for working around the place. As to what I would think if a Vet showed up wearing cargo pants. Well I would think he/she is probably smart and not one of these types that are afraid to get dirty.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
                Cwi, same issues with my carhartt pants. Knees were going in 3 to 6 months. Dang dockers go a year. I don't like dockers, but they work. The primary income is small animal, but most are local country people. Clean, non-wrinkled carhartt style pants seem to be pretty common among my clients even when I see them out and about.

I tried the wrangler cargo work pants....pitiful. a shame, because I like good old 13mwz jeans.
                Sounds to me like you already have your answer in that regards. Deluth style wise is about the same as carhartts.
                When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                  Some suggestions that would make sure that your clinic was the talk of the town...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8472[/ATTACH]
                  Didn't realize he was asking for selfies in said attair. Really oughta put some color on that bike kick, might be hard for cars to see you.

Comment

Now the, back to reality , I would have no issue with our vet or their staff wearing cargos. It's hot here, and if they are more concerned with form over function , than we are probably not going to agree on the best care for my fur kids.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Kick, I see you keep pictures around from before the accident.....

Comment

I have tried the Schmidt at tsc. They are ok for the price, but the knees go like my recent carhartt pants have done. Ticks me off that dress pants like dockers last better than work pants like carhartt.

Comment

Carhartt used to be top of the heap but when they became "chic" the price went up as quick as the quality went down. I have had similar experience with Schmidt, I like the fit and the price but they are not durable.
                          [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Links for good pants?

I've been using the Wrangler ripstop cargo pants for a few years, I usually got around six months out of them wearing them twice a week before the crotch started to tear and I'd have to patch or toss them. They're also a little bit lighter and dry quickly, which is good for here in FL. For $20 it wasn't bad and they'd probably last longer if I hand washed them but I never had the time. These ones: https://www.walmart.com/co/Wrangler-...-Pack/45622184 Not the non ripstop ones, those suck.

I'd have no problem with vets or anyone wearing cargoes, but I also think function should go over form every time and don't really care what you're wearing as long as it covers you up. And no Kick, that tutu doesn't count.
                            lofflorida.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X