No announcement yet.

Practical & Tactical Christmas Presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Spool Tool" is available at a few different paracord web sites now, which is just as well - the original site was not very user friendly.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Got a couple of spool tools as well as a very compact fishing rig, not that I fish, but I think it long past time that I learned. I also got my wife and one daughter to go to a Sigma 3 survival class (with me of course). Pretty good Christmas for me

Comment

Gp, please be sure to write up a review of the NVM. Let us know if its well worth the price or if it's another Chinese throw away.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Will do kickstand. I tried it out last night and was really impressed. But I want to put it through the paces before I review it.

Comment

My wife did stocking stuffers with a life straw, metal match, compass, a neat fishing set up for a bank line, trekking poles, a neat solar lantern/flash light, and a few other small "survival" camping type items.

American Science and Surplus offers tools, toys, science kits, educational toys, school supplies, arts and crafts items, hobby tools, scales, lab glass, housewares, electronics and much more all at discount incredible prices

This is the fishing real gizmo. I think it will work well for a bank line.

Comment

I got one of these for someone who had a really bad flashlight in his truck

ECEEN® Solar Powered Flashlight, Aluminum Alloy Handheld Flashlight Rechargeable LED Torchlight with USB Charge Cable. Amazon less than $15. It's pretty bright, supposed to last up to 3 yrs in the glove box once it's charged. Seemed sturdy. Hope it works well.

Comment

Redman , that's also known as a yoyo reel. We keep one in our GHBs, though I don't know why...we have no water anywhere nearby.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                  Redman , that's also known as a yoyo reel. We keep one in our GHBs, though I don't know why...we have no water anywhere nearby.
                  Maybe because people (including you,) might travel?

Comment

Ya, I might run a marathon too, but it's about as likely .
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                      Gp, please be sure to write up a review of the NVM. Let us know if its well worth the price or if it's another Chinese throw away.
                      Ok, after testing the firefield spirit for almost 6 months ive gotta say, I'm really impressed! The image is clear as some of the more high dollar nvms ive seen. Battery life is WAY longer than I would have thought, still using the same batterys. Has front focus on the front lens and fine focus on the eye relief. Its also pretty rugged, I treated it like it was meant to be used, and it held up with no issues. Only negative thing I saw was the case that came with it was tight and tough to get the nvm in and out. But I remedied that with a $15 military case off ebay.
                      To sum it up, I highly recomend the firefield spirit nvm.
                      The picture below is a stock image showing the NVM, case that comes with it and packaging. I'll be glad to answer any questions. Just ask here or send a private message.
                      2017-05-10-12-02-04--2132249669.jpeg
                      Last edited by gpwelding1; 05-10-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Can you take any pictures through it on nights with various lighting?

Comment

I will try to this weekend

Comment

Ok, I tried MULTIPLE times to capture night time images through it with my cellphone camera. The images just didnt look right.
                            Anyone have suggestions on how I could get these images for the review?

Comment

No ideas here, many a high-end, more money than sense, photographic type could probably tell us about expensive gizmos that go on expensive cameras, but that's not usually us.

Comment

Ya gp, go spend more on the gizmos than you did on the NVM so we don't have to .
                                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                                X